Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLDG Mock Draft 3.0
Quote: @TBro said:
I agree that a trade is highly likely, especially if Rudolph is sitting there at 30. What I don't agree on is
using the outdated draft slot points chart for our compensation. I would want Denver's 2nd and 3rd at
a minimum to move out of that spot, especially if we can leverage several teams against each other.
I 'm assuming Rick has already had several of those draft scenario conversations with teams eyeing
Rudolph at that pick, but adding more late round picks doesn't excite me. 
i agree, but picking a guard at 30 instead of 40 might wind up being the same guy.   Hopefully, there are multiple teams wanting to get ahead of NE. 

I would be happy to see this come about, but would not be surprised to see a corner selected earlier.

My favorite one so far!
Always look forward for your mocks Thanks!

Quote: @Norseman said:
@TBro said:
I agree that a trade is highly likely, especially if Rudolph is sitting there at 30. What I don't agree on is
using the outdated draft slot points chart for our compensation. I would want Denver's 2nd and 3rd at
a minimum to move out of that spot, especially if we can leverage several teams against each other.
I 'm assuming Rick has already had several of those draft scenario conversations with teams eyeing
i agree, but picking a guard at 30 instead of 40 might wind up being the same guy.   Hopefully, there are multiple teams wanting to get ahead of NE. 
It depends who falls. If Wynn, Hernandez, Williams are sitting there at 30, there is strong possibility they would be gone by Denver's pick in the 2nd. 

Appreciate it Mr.Guru.

I dont know it its kids or age, but damn; following this year in and out is getting as hard for me as it was for grandpa to use the VCR...

I've been on Price since last fall...love that pick...

I'm going to get me a Tre'quan jersey if that comes to fruition lol! 

Quote: @TBro said:
I just heard a nfl draft talker the other day,  might have been Chaveous, that said despite the age of Jimmy's (Johnson's) value chart,  and the change in rookie contracts,  the points system is still pretty much still the same points value that the GMs still use in valuing draft picks.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
I just heard a nfl draft talker the other day,  might have been Chaveous, that said despite the age of Jimmy's (Johnson's) value chart,  and the change in rookie contracts,  the points system is still pretty much still the same points value that the GMs still use in valuing draft picks.
This isn't on you, but whoever said that is wrong. There is a modified trade chart that is used now since the Johnson version of the chart didn't account for the current rookie wage scale. But when it comes to what picks the Vikings would be able to pick up for moving down, its doubtful they could net a 3rd. Precedence isn't there for that to happen. It still would likely be a 4th regardless of the draft chart. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@TBro said:
This isn't on you, but whoever said that is wrong. There is a modified trade chart that is used now since the Johnson version of the chart didn't account for the current rookie wage scale. But when it comes to what picks the Vikings would be able to pick up for moving down, its doubtful they could net a 3rd. Precedence isn't there for that to happen. It still would likely be a 4th regardless of the draft chart. 
Well, I'm sure you know this, but it all depends on how high the second round pick is.  If it is your example (41), then we would be entitled to the third or fourth pick from the end of round three to equalize the value.  Of course, our trade partner would only have so many picks to bargain with.  I would like a fairly high second and a mid to late third, with us giving up one or two later picks as necessary.  Of course, that would just give us more ammo for further moving around.  Ideally, I would like to see us make four picks prior to the end of round three.  That should give us some high quality backups with potential to eventually start.  Possibly OG, CB, DL and maybe WR or RB depending upon who drops.  I guess this kind of aligns with your mock!  Smile