Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Rule Change that Actually Makes Sense
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
99.99% of the time it makes sense... .but just think how freaking exciting it would be for that .01% of the time when that extra point snap is screwed up and the losing team returns it for a win! 

(yeah i couldnt think of if ever happening either)
All they have to do is run the victory formation.  Can't remember that ever being screwed up in the NFL. 

Happened once in Jr. Tackle.  The other team just needed to snap the ball and kneel it, but they were a shotgun formation team and lined up in the shotgun and the center launched the snap.  Sadly their QB did recover the ball, but it was exciting at least.
I have seen a botched snap on the V formation under center.  I dont recall when, but I am fairly certain I have seen it.
Did you see it returned 98 yards?

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
99.99% of the time it makes sense... .but just think how freaking exciting it would be for that .01% of the time when that extra point snap is screwed up and the losing team returns it for a win! 

All they have to do is run the victory formation.  Can't remember that ever being screwed up in the NFL. 

Happened once in Jr. Tackle.  The other team just needed to snap the ball and kneel it, but they were a shotgun formation team and lined up in the shotgun and the center launched the snap.  Sadly their QB did recover the ball, but it was exciting at least.
I have seen a botched snap on the V formation under center.  I dont recall when, but I am fairly certain I have seen it.
it only has to happen once... hence the .01% chance.  What friggin difference does it really make to the teams anyway?  if the score is above 2 points to tie then no snap,  otherwise snap the damn ball and see what happens.   honestly how often does a team score a TD with no time on the clock to make this situation come into play,  but why keep changing the rules of the game?   the rules are the rules,  the game is the game.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"matt4787" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

it only has to happen once... hence the .01% chance.  What friggin difference does it really make to the teams anyway?  if the score is above 2 points to tie then no snap,  otherwise snap the damn ball and see what happens.   honestly how often does a team score a TD with no time on the clock to make this situation come into play,  but why keep changing the rules of the game?   the rules are the rules,  the game is the game.
I am fine with it because the PAT is a reward for the TD scoring team. Also the rules used to not allow any points by the D on PAT until a few years ago.

It's a good rule, it's definitely for the gamblers.  If the Vikings would have Kicked that extra point they would have covered.