Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on some key issues...
I'm not sure I question Zimmer's ability to learn from his mistakes...But I am concerned at times he's been taken to the woodshed by being out game-planned. 

On another note, beat Detroit at home this past year and I believe the NFCCG would have been at our house..

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'm not sure I question Zimmer's ability to learn from his mistakes...But I am concerned at times he's been taken to the woodshed by being out game-planned. 

On another note, beat Detroit at home this past year and I believe the NFCCG would have been at our house..
Yes, that was a huge loss.  But if I recall, the defense held Detroit to 7 points?  The offense had the ball a couple times in the waning moments of the game and couldn't score.  That was Case's 3rd game and he struggled mightily.

Its nothing new, teams need to lose to learn how to win.  The playoffs are different, the media, the pressure, season of injuries, and the competition are all obstacles teams learn to overcome.  Head coaches too.  

If you didnt see the loss in philly coming you havent watched 50 years of football.

It seems funny, but it appears Griffins foot may have been the beginning of the end.  About the time his pass rush waned so did the Vikings defense.  Add in the O line shuffle and it wasnt too suprising.  Late in the third quarter against New Orleans you could almost sense when it shifted and you got that sinking feeling in your stomach.

I cant put it all on the Coach. Just like I cant blame Bud for the Superbowl losses.  Just as many factors go into a loss as go into a win.  

This year we will see what these guys are made of.  The corp of players that came up together and lost together. They have the locker room. We will see how badly they want it.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yes, that was a huge loss.  But if I recall, the defense held Detroit to 7 points?  The offense had the ball a couple times in the waning moments of the game and couldn't score.  That was Case's 3rd game and he struggled mightily.
I suppose you would see it that way.

I see it as we lost Cook for the season,Had 3 fumbles and a few penalties.
edit: Keenum had better stats than Stafford that game.

Quote: @Norse said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

We had 7 points.

Yes, losing Cook let the air out.  But Stafford had one stat better than Keenum, points.  At home, with the ball twice in the closing minutes and we couldn't score.

See it whatever way you want, but our offense was bad that day. 

I'll take a win over stats any day...

@Norse said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

We had 7 points.

Yes, losing Cook let the air out.  But Stafford had one stat better than Keenum, points.  At home, with the ball twice in the closing minutes and we couldn't score.

See it whatever way you want, but our offense was bad that day. 
And did you see where the fumbles was at?

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Then you can't have turnovers and miss field goals 

Quote: @Norse said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Then you can't have turnovers and miss field goals 

I'll try to live without them.  lol

@purplefaithful said:

I wonder what his stats could have been if these didn't happen!!!!

2nd and 6 at DET 49(14:55 - 3rd) J.McKinnon to MIN 47 for -4 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by DET-A.Zettel at MIN 47. A.Zettel to MIN 47 for no gain (M.Remmers).

1st and 10 at MIN 18(10:35 - 3rd) D.Cook up the middle to MIN 28 for 10 yards (T.Wilson). FUMBLES (T.Wilson), RECOVERED by DET-T.Whitehead at MIN 29. T.Whitehead to MIN 29 for no gain (D.Cook).

4th and 8 at DET 21(0:50 - 3rd) K.Forbath 39 yard field goal is No Good, Hit Right Upright, Center-K.McDermott, Holder-R.Quigley.

1st and 10 at MIN 44(1:51 - 4th) (Shotgun) C.Keenum pass short middle to A.Thielen to DET 45 for 11 yards (G.Quin). FUMBLES (G.Quin), RECOVERED by DET-T.Whitehead at DET 45. T.Whitehead to 50 for 5 yards (J.McKinnon).