Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson a done deal
Apparently, the Tweet that he signed came from a fraudulent account so it still hasn't been verified yet. 

Hopefully they can get it done before he leaves.  

I don't think this is verified yet. Stay tuned.

But.....this is BIG if he does sign. Linval the Destroyer next to him will ratchet his game up. This is one big, athletic dude.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Well...hot damn...

...I just hope it doesn't interfere with BRob, he's still important to the defense, the team, and the fanbase...!
He might need to take a restructured deal. But thats up to him.
Doing Greenway and now Robison this way will send a message to the rest of the team that Rick isnt to be trusted down the stretch for players hoping to end their careers in purple.  its a damn shame that they wont make it work for their own guys when they drop their pants for free agents.  Especially when their own guys are still performing at a high level...arguably higher than their replacements.

Quote: @RushmoreVike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Well...hot damn...

...I just hope it doesn't interfere with BRob, he's still important to the defense, the team, and the fanbase...!
Doing Greenway and now Robison this way will send a message to the rest of the team that Rick isnt to be trusted down the stretch for players hoping to end their careers in purple.  its a damn shame that they wont make it work for their own guys when they drop their pants for free agents.  Especially when their own guys are still performing at a high level...arguably higher than their replacements.
What kind of message does it send? The Pats have a ton of success, and they do business the same way. Look at all the aging talent they send down the road. Packers do too. Sharper, the kicker who kicked for us, Jordy Nelson. Guys get so wrapped up emotionally in players, but this is a team business.

BRob has been great, but if we have a chance to upgrade, we make the move (sorry Pops, tough situation for the family, so I feel for yours). Super Bowl teams usually have a short window, Rick is all in. 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Well...hot damn...

What kind of message does it send? The Pats have a ton of success, and they do business the same way. Look at all the aging talent they send down the road. Packers do too. Sharper, the kicker who kicked for us, Jordy Nelson. Guys get so wrapped up emotionally in players, but this is a team business.

BRob has been great, but if we have a chance to upgrade, we make the move (sorry Pops, tough situation for the family, so I feel for yours). Super Bowl teams usually have a short window, Rick is all in. 

It tells our own vets to screw the team,  no discounts because the team I going to screw them back.

Let's see how the pats and packers system looks when they don't have HOF under center....

For the record a team is nothing without players.  The Vikings need to show some loyalty or they will end up not seeing any from those they want to retain.

@RushmoreVike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Well...hot damn...

Agreed, not many players play their whole career with one team, most dont care either, if I were the GM and I could sign Richardson and the Honey Badger to 3 year deals today but it may cause me not to be able to afford 1 or 2 stars next year, I do it!!  I would be getting 2 studs in their prime to help us win the SB THIS year, if next year I want to keep Diggs, Hunter, Kendricks and Barr but cant afford them, then I could trade Griffen for a high pick, as he would be one of the older ones on the roster,save money on the cap so I could afford the others and then draft Griffens replacement with the pick I got for trading him... If I am still short on Money, you trade another older guy like Barr, get another high pick and save money. The Pats have been doing that for the past 2 decades and compete every year

I look at other teams, and they do business the same way. It's part of being an NFL player. The vikes show plenty of loyalty....look at the money they paid AP through his ordeal. 

@RushmoreVike said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Zanary said:
Well...hot damn...

Yes and let's put some perspective on all the worry for Brian: the Vikings paid him $20 Million for the last 4 seasons. Most of our kids would have to work about 200 years to earn that much. Now there is a rumor he might have to take a cut from over $3M to maybe "only" $2M next year, right?
Brian has been a great Vikings player, but he won a lottery ticket. Yes, he worked hard, but for every man who becomes an NFL player, especially one who starts and gets multi-million contracts, there are a thousand others who fell by the wayside, and it's often due to things out of their control, like injuries or a coach who didn't start them in high school or college or a scheme change that didn't show their skills or a slick surface at the combine, or whatever.
Some of the players in the NFL have won BIGGER lottery tickets, but let's not get too mad at the team because of the imbalance. Players have a union, they wanted free agency, not salary equity.