Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh man.....this would be sweet....
PLEASE football gods, make it so!!!

Quote: @Skodin said:
they have to get this Floyd situation resolved.  Thats 6.75 million locked up, which could be applied to a Richardson type signing
Ben Goessling 
@GoesslingStrib 
According to a NFL release, Sharrif Floyd's contract did not toll into 2018. He's officially a free agent, though he still has a grievance in settlement negotiations that will determine how much he should have made from the Vikings in 2017

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm seeking medical attention 4 hours from now...
Lofl. You and Clanzo crack me up with this. Don't hurt yourself. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I'm seeking medical attention 4 hours from now...
Lofl. You and Clanzo crack me up with this. Don't hurt yourself. 
I'll drive there with no hands...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
@MaroonBells said:
I was thinking the Vikings might front load Cousins' contract to make it more manageable in 2019 and 20, when all those young players will come due, but if they've reached out to Richardson, that may not be the case. 
@28mil/year guaranteed, it’s front loaded, middle loaded, & finish loaded!  Wink B)
Ha! No doubt about that. But I'm wondering if they could structure it so that they pay him, for example, 36M guaranteed this year, 28M next and 20M in 2020? I'll admit I know nothing about contracts but this might make some sense. By the time 2020 rolls around and Ryan, Rodgers, Goff, Wentz, etc., all get paid, 20M for a starting QB will be chump change. 
No need to do this now.  Any unused cap space rolls over to next year.  You don't lose it anymore.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
@MaroonBells said:
I was thinking the Vikings might front load Cousins' contract to make it more manageable in 2019 and 20, when all those young players will come due, but if they've reached out to Richardson, that may not be the case. 
@28mil/year guaranteed, it’s front loaded, middle loaded, & finish loaded!  Wink B)
Ha! No doubt about that. But I'm wondering if they could structure it so that they pay him, for example, 36M guaranteed this year, 28M next and 20M in 2020? I'll admit I know nothing about contracts but this might make some sense. By the time 2020 rolls around and Ryan, Rodgers, Goff, Wentz, etc., all get paid, 20M for a starting QB will be chump change. 
No need to do this now.  Any unused cap space rolls over to next year.  You don't lose it anymore.
Is that true? I wasn't aware of that. That's HUGE. 

I still remember when we beat the Jets in OT on that jailbreak pass from Teddy to Jarius. I can still see Sheldon Richardson hauling ass down the field after him...and you know what?? He damn near caught him.
I really wanted this guy in 2013. Xavier was a great get and I think Shariff would have been too had his surgeon not wrecked his knee. Sure would like to see us pick him up now if at all possible.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I still remember when we beat the Jets in OT on that jailbreak pass from Teddy to Jarius. I can still see Sheldon Richardson hauling ass down the field after him...and you know what?? He damn near caught him.
I really wanted this guy in 2013. Xavier was a great get and I think Shariff would have been too had his surgeon not wrecked his knee. Sure would like to see us pick up now if at all possible.
I remember that as well.  That was Richardson wasn't it.  Just remember a big ass DT about catching JW.

get

him

Quote: @greediron said:
@prairieghost said:
I really wanted this guy in 2013. Xavier was a great get and I think Shariff would have been too had his surgeon not wrecked his knee. Sure would like to see us pick up now if at all possible.
I remember that as well.  That was Richardson wasn't it.  Just remember a big ass DT about catching JW.
Same here.  Remember being impressed not only with his hustle, but his speed for a big man.