Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your early favorites to be playing in the Minneapolis SB this February?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Vikes Titans

You really think that?

Quote: @"SDCAVIKESFAN" said:
MN vs OAK, yeah its the homer in me speaking but hey one can dream right?  Raiders want to win just to say FU to the city of Oakland before they move so if not this year then next.  (hopefully next if against the Vikings)
Redux of 76 huh? I was a teen then and SB's were the norm...I cried when we lost that game.

We got whupped too. Shell and Upshaw dominated against the over the hill Vikings.

75, 98 and 09 all broke my dang fan heart. And you know what?

Just one SB victory is all I'd need for a curing salve -- just one. 

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Vikes Titans

You really think that?
 The Titans look like a team on the rise, a bit like the Falcons last year. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Vikes Titans

You really think that?

If I were going to go with teams on the rise.. I would go with the Bucs and Raiders

Steelers vs ??   No idea who from the NFC really stands out as a clear SB favorite in my mind.  Dallas?  Seattle?  Atl?  Mn?  GB - I hope not.

Browns vs Bears!  :'(

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
and why doesnt anybody bring up bob dylan as a possible superbowl half time performer?  i mean if Prince was going to be a shoe in due to his minnesota roots,  why not Dylan?
Because it would make sense, be awesome, and simultaneously invalidate all other SB halftime performances to date.
Lemme think: The timeless music of a Presidential medal of freedom and Nobel prize winner or "Lady Gaga"

They've gotta have fireworks, and dancing sharks, and giant Lions to ride, and bungee jumping strippers...
Compared to a man with a guitar & harmonica.

Dylan would be EPIC

As for the question:

AFC- NE / OAK
NFC- DAL / MINN

Nope. I love Dylan but nothing would ever invalidate Prince's halftime show in the rain.

^^^^^ My personal favorite as well, but DAMN it would be cool to see Dylan.

I've listened to more Prince in the year since his death then when I was a huge fan in High School and College.

Empty Room.  INDEED.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
^^^^^ My personal favorite as well, but DAMN it would be cool to see Dylan.

I've listened to more Prince in the year since his death then when I was a huge fan in High School and College.

Empty Room.  INDEED.
I saw Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and the Grateful Dead, the haze was thick in that place. As far as listening to Prince, I always do. He is such a timeline of my life and there are so many memories there. There is a huge library of music to choose from and more is coming. I am glad you are renewing your listening to his music. 

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Vikes Titans

You really think that?

If I were going to go with teams on the rise.. I would go with the Bucs and Raiders
Yabbut everyone knows about them. Both are very popular at the top end of several power rankings. I wanted to go with a real dark horse. There wasn't a soul on earth who predicted the Falcons this time last year. My other Cinderella is the Texans, provided Tom Savage stays healthy.