Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broncos Ready To Go All In On Cousins
If we are willing to let Teddy go, he must not be ready to come back... It is breaking my heart - but I will fall all in for whoever my new QB is. I just want to know who I should start backing? Bradpool's knee? Cousin's coming to town? Sloter stepping up? Keenum #1?

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
good. please jets and broncos kill yourselves fighting for cousins
doesnt mean Teddy stays.
I'd actually say it'd be a surprise if Teddy stays regardless of what happens with Cousins. 

So does this mean the team isn't willing to bet on the leg going forward? They have always professed their love of TB so what other conclusion can be made? 
Maybe there's some truth to that stuff coming out now about Teddy feeling disrespected. I had hoped it was just the usual offseason gossip but if Teddy has bad feelings toward the team then I guess he's putting his Vikings career in the rear view.

I think we will find out if Cousins was truly being honest when he said he wanted to win and that he was willing to make sacrifices.

His best chance to win is here.

I wonder though.  Can he play for a coach like Zimmer?

That could be the reason he goes elsewhere cause it sounds like to me that Zimmer is not interested.

But I am not too much of a tea leaves reader and tend to drink a little heavily. 

First the Jets were all in for ridiculous dough.   Then the Vikings were a lock.  Now it's Denver.   Who's left for the agent to fluff via his bobos in the media?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
doesnt mean Teddy stays.
I'd actually say it'd be a surprise if Teddy stays regardless of what happens with Cousins. 
Agreed. When his name comes up with Zimmer, the first thing he says is what a great kid he is....not what a great player. 
Only because that's the narrative you've written, and subsequently try to squeeze everything into...

Yesterday: "Teddy is a guy that two years ago played fantastic. We thought he was a very ascending player."

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
well in that case we better sign cousins. i absoluetly do not want keenum as the qb
Whats your issue with Keenum?

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
@Poiple said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
well in that case we better sign cousins. i absoluetly do not want keenum as the qb
Whats your issue with Keenum?
my issue is that i dont trust him, and that last year was a fluke
What dont you teust about him?  Do you think he is dishonest?

Let's be honest.  Zimmer loves him some defense.  That's where he wants to keep his focus.  That's where he wants to put the emphasis on winning games.  The offense to Zim is like a hobby you do once a month, for fun, with your drinking buddies.  The defense is why he gets up every morning.  Zim would sacrifice the offense to make his D legendary.  I think it's Rick that pushes the emphasis of Offense to Zimmer.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Rick's office, if he told him "We are going to get Cousins, but we'll lose the ability to pay Barr/Waynes at the end of their 5th year.  Start looking for their replacements".  (The veins in Zim's temples would be the size of wallnuts) lol

Teddy may fell slighted right now but I don't see any team giving him a better chance to start than the Vikings if they don't have Cousins.  Of course if there is a concern about his knee that all goes out the window.  He also is trying to create leverage for himself, remember it's the lying season for coaches, GMs, agents, and players.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Ilovebigtd's said:
doesnt mean Teddy stays.

Wow, that's quite a statement Geoff...