Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer on Treadwell
I wish we could start using this kid like we did CC back in the day. He isn't a deep threat. He's a big kid, he's strong. Yes, I know he isn't CC but he's a big bodied guy that could be deadly in the end zone if used. He's behind 3 great pass catchers in Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph. But I think he has a place on this team if he can just get some momentum going. The coaches need to find a way to give him those opportunities. I hope Flip sees something in him to get him the ball more, scheme some favorable matches for him and let the kid use his body to make those same kinds of contested catches that CC made routinely.  

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
I wish we could start using this kid like we did CC back in the day. He isn't a deep threat. He's a big kid, he's strong. Yes, I know he isn't CC but he's a big bodied guy that could be deadly in the end zone if used. He's behind 3 great pass catchers in Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph. But I think he has a place on this team if he can just get some momentum going. The coaches need to find a way to give him those opportunities. I hope Flip sees something in him to get him the ball more, scheme some favorable matches for him and let the kid use his body to make those same kinds of contested catches that CC made routinely.  
thats what I've been saying,  he isnt a guy that is going to be running wide open very often, but that doesnt mean he isnt open.  a confident accurate QB will get him the ball more often.  There were quite a few times that he was open that Case never even looked his way,  he would stay locked onto AT or Diggs and ignore the rest of the field... sometimes it worked,  sometimes it didnt and we need whoever it is to spread the ball around more often.  the production to snaps differential is brought up between Treadwell and JW,  but JW is often brough in for scripted plays that are designed to get him the ball,  he should see better productions per snap.  Kind of like 2 years ago when everybody was going gaga for Hunter and thought BRob should be sent to pasture... there is a big difference when you are the full time guy vs the one that makes an appearance once in a while.

Trade his ass...  Wink

Adams is on the Colts practice squad.

Trade him for another teams high pick that isn' working out, any DBs fit that bill.

He doesn't need a mentor, he needs to open his ears and listen to the coaches...

...or he just isn't very good. But the guy is invisible. He's not the first high round disappointment and he won't be the last. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He doesn't need a mentor, he needs to open his ears and listen to the coaches...
Beat me to it...Where's the position coach in all of this?  Patterson and Treadwell, both so frustrating. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Beat me to it...Where's the position coach in all of this?  Patterson and Treadwell, both so frustrating. 
Tough to blame the position coach when you have Diggs and Thielen.

The reality is that he is painfully slow.  That ain't gonna change.

He was described in scouting reports as being one of the best at making contested catches.

Why is that?

Because almost all of his catches will be contested because he gets very little separation consistently.

I hope that he will be able to contribute just a little more next year but the dude is a bust.

In two years he has 21 catches for 215 yards and no TDs.

That is flat out a ginormous bust especially when you look at what other receivers have done like Michael Thomas.

When you are a first round pick, and you collect first round paychecks (he has made more money than Diggs since he arrived), then there are expectations that come with being afforded that position.

It is nice to hear he is working hard and all of that jazz but so is Cayleb Jones on the practice squad.  Is his story not as inspiring?

If the Vikings cut him before June 1st they take a 5.870 mil cap hit this year.  If they manage to trade him (7th round pick if they are lucky) they take a 2.712 mil cap hit.

If they cut him next year before June 1st they take a 3.161 mil cap hit.

This dude is going to most likely take up another roster spot this year.  I am still at a loss as to why he played 45% of the snaps and Jarius Wright only played 23%.  Obviously, Treadwell is behind Thielen and Wright behind Diggs.

We can only hope that whomever is doing the scouting on receivers refrains from making those picks in the first round and stick to picks in the 5th round or later.  Perhaps Stacy Coley and Cayleb Jones will step up?

The only hope is that Treadwell makes some amazing jump in his 3rd season which is often when receivers make a jump.

But what would be considered a jump?  The dude has done NOTHING so the bar is at the bottom.

If he catches 30 or 40 passes and scores 2 or 3 TDs then there will be some who will say he has turned the corner.  Those numbers would still be awful for a dude collecting first round paychecks.

This seems like the exact same situation they had with Cordarrelle Patterson.  Coach says work on your route running.  Instead he hires the “Trainer from Hell” to improve his physical abilities. He continues to be an unreliable route runner and is eventually gone.