Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy leaving?
Whatever the Vikings' intentions, it appears that the QB situation will depend on Cousins' asking price vs his desire to "win now", Teddy's development/recovery as seen by the Vikings staff, the real condition of Bradford's knees, and exactly how much the locker room loved Keenum.

All that considered, Cousins is the biggest domino in the game.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Whatever the Vikings' intentions, it appears that the QB situation will depend on Cousins' asking price vs his desire to "win now", Teddy's development/recovery as seen by the Vikings staff, the real condition of Bradford's knees, and exactly how much the locker room loved Keenum.

am I the only one seeing the Vikings getting left with their 4th or 5th option when this all plays out?   They really want Cousins,  but only at X price.  Its close enough that his team keeps them on the hook.  Meanwhile our QBs are wooed away by the other teams that arent really in the mix for Cousins and we get ryan fitzpatrick backed up by mark sanchez ( who gets beat out for the #2 in camp by Sloter)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:

am I the only one seeing the Vikings getting left with their 4th or 5th option when this all plays out?   They really want Cousins,  but only at X price.  Its close enough that his team keeps them on the hook.  Meanwhile our QBs are wooed away by the other teams that arent really in the mix for Cousins and we get ryan fitzpatrick backed up by mark sanchez ( who gets beat out for the #2 in camp by Sloter)
Nope, you're not the only one, Jimmy.

@Zanary said:

Given the Vikings' cap space and desirable situation, it would be a pretty big upset if they didn't end up with one of the top QBs. 

Problem is, we don't know who that is. Are the Vikings as high on Cousins as the hype surrounding him? Do they still believe in Teddy's long-term potential given his knee injury? Are the complimentary statements about Bradford real? Or are they just giving him a fighting chance on the market, as teams often do. And might they still want Case Keenum, but at a much lower price than his franchise salary? 

I don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I feel pretty confident that the Vikings will get the QB they want. 

One more sign it's either Cousins or, a longshot Bradford returns which I personally wouldn't mind.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:

Given the Vikings' cap space and desirable situation, it would be a pretty big upset if they didn't end up with one of the top QBs. 

Problem is, we don't know who that is. Are the Vikings as high on Cousins as the hype surrounding him? Do they still believe in Teddy's long-term potential given his knee injury? Are the complimentary statements about Bradford real? Or are they just giving him a fighting chance on the market, as teams often do. And might they still want Case Keenum, but at a much lower price than his franchise salary? 

I don't know the answer to any of these questions, but I feel pretty confident that the Vikings will get the QB they want. 
Same here.  The Wilfs and Rick see the potential on this team and will likely go after what they want.  I fear the opposite really, that we will overspend and hamstring the team in the future.  But as long as we get a ring, I am fine with whatever.

@Zanary said:

We still have Sloter...  :p

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:

Same here.  The Wilfs and Rick see the potential on this team and will likely go after what they want.  I fear the opposite really, that we will overspend and hamstring the team in the future.  But as long as we get a ring, I am fine with whatever.

Many people seem so worried about multi-year budget plans for the team. The first, hardest, and only absolutely necessary step in building a championship dynasty: win your FIRST championship. Let's not nitpick the budget to ensure a long-term "division dynasty".

@Zanary said:

thats pretty much FA with the vikings. theyve never signed “the big name” in FA. They wont be able to compete with the jets in terms of $$ if the jets outbid us id assume he theirs. thus i expect us to try and keep 1 or 2 of ours. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
One more sign it's either Cousins or, a longshot Bradford returns which I personally wouldn't mind.  
if cousins isnt coming Sam will be our day one starter in my opinion.