Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Least Watched Olympics Ever...
I watched more the first week - like the snowboarding events.  The US athletes were expected to be competitive or favorites there and they delivered.  Most of the other events didn't feel like we had a dog in the race.  I didn't even bother with speed skating even though I really got into it at Vancouver.  It was the worst US showing in 20 years with just 23 total medals.  We're obviously going to be more interested when our athletes do really well. 

Beyond the performance level I do think the time difference of 15 hours (for MN) is a big part of it along with the ability to watch events and results live online.  People seem to be much more into the games when they're closer or actually in the US.    

As soon as I heard a couple of Olympians spout off about what a horrible, ignorant bigot I was... I decided I had better things to do.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I blame Kaepernick. 
and trumps small hands

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
As soon as I heard a couple of Olympians spout off about what a horrible, ignorant bigot I was... I decided I had better things to do.  
yeah,  its like they are so entitled that they forget that they are representing all of us bigots when they drape themselves in our flag.  some of those are great stories,  but honestly some of those pricks are from such a closed special snowflake world that they really dont have a clue.  they have been raised in their elitist cocoons.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:
yeah,  its like they are so entitled that they forget that they are representing all of us bigots when they drape themselves in our flag.  some of those are great stories,  but honestly some of those pricks are from such a closed special snowflake world that they really dont have a clue.  they have been raised in their elitist cocoons.
Funny how those focused on political matters seemed to struggle at what they were supposed to be good at.