Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your QB choice is
Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"Steve" said:
Vikings get to the NFC Championship game because Keenum dealt with pressure better than any QB coming off the pine in history, and fans want to replace him with the guy who led the league in interceptions under pressure last year.

If Keenum won 9 games last year, people would be all over him talking about his potential.  Instead, he gets one game shy of the Superbowl and everyone is window shopping replacements.
Keenum looked very "backup-ish" in the playoffs, despite how amazingly he'd done earlier in the season.  Yes, it's harsh and maybe another season would allow him to grow to the next level with the team...but for the moment, he's the latest recent Vikings QB to crash and burn in the NFCC game.  This comes with a massive, albeit unfair, stigma.

Was the loss all his fault?  Hell, no.  The whole team got outplayed and outcoached.  That said, he seemed to display his ceiling...and it was well short of what was required to get to "the game".

I'm split on Cousins and a "healthy Bradford", largely because they're similar "pocket passers" and each comes with concerns.  That said, Keenum comes with his own, and I don't know if anyone actually can say what we have in Teddy right now.

It's pretty maddening, and I really do dream of a time where Vikings fans go into multiple consecutive offseasons without losing sleep/hair/tooth enamel over our signal caller.
I guess you are looking for a tier 1 Qb?   I mean, the O line suffered casualties and couldnt stop the pass rush resulting in Qb pressures and the D gave up points at a rate not previously seen the entire season.  So it appears most knowledgable fand here hold him responsible because he didnt rise above the lack of blocking, the poor game planning and a defense the suddenly became a sieve.  I dont know if I can get inboard that train.

A 100% Sam Bradford, no question. 100% all of the time? No brainer. Hed make plays that any QB would would wow over... his ability to read coverages and defenses is underrated.

I honestly don't know if he has a 100% left... On sliding scale these days, 100% may represent 75%-85%. There are 16+ games a year. What we were able to get outta Keenum in his absence is something rare, not the norm. Bradford probably makes the least sense; we'd have to be pretty prepared at backup to assume the risk.

I dont like Cousins cap count on his speculated terms. Hes a very underrated passer and is continuing to grow. He has the ability to make Bradford like throws down the field and run a wide open offense. He might be my favorite overall, but I still might raise an eyebrow and study our cap a bit more if we did sign him. It certainly would be crazy... but I think he would be a good fit.

I like Keenum.

I like Teddy.

Case is gritty. Teddy is tough in the pocket. Case just wins. Teddy is Great Under Major Pressure.

Id like a combination of 2 of our 3 back in some way I think ideally... If prices are too high, Cousins certainly isnt a bad player...

lol... i dunno... =)

Well we find ourselves in a pretty good place.  After years of below mediocre talent at QB the Vikes have so many choices we dont know what to do with it. All of these guys come with a bigger upside than down side.
 I hope the front office has a much clearer idea than we do! lol

I took 100% healthy to mean they were no more of an injury risk game to game than any other healthy QB.  They all have their own unique shortcomings.  It's going to be a tense offseason and start of a new season I think.  Who ever takes the reigns does so with high expectations and question marks surrounding them.

kirk cousins.  I think he may be the Drew Brees of the next ten years and we will kick ourselves for not grabbing him.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
I got no idea really.  I'm sure the brass gave kniwledge we dint posess BUT, "for entertainment purpises only" i want to go with Case.  I love his moxie, and he got us damn close.  True, he tailed off but he slso had an OL that was injured.  

I just like the guy.  
Agreed.  If I knew Sammy's or Teddy's true health it would be an easy decision, as Sam was the Vikings starter and showed what he had in game1 against the Aint's.  Sam is far more accurate than TB with a better arm. But both have bad wheels and no one on this board knows how healthy they are.

But Case has shown me a leadership quality that can't be timed or measured.  Does this mean he's matured and the game has slowed down for him? Some insist he's a poor mans Favre but Brett played with a recklessness I haven't seen Case play with in 2017. 

Just glad it's not me making the final decision.

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
kirk cousins.  I think he may be the Drew Brees of the next ten years and we will kick ourselves for not grabbing him.

For the kind of deal he is going to command he BETTER be the next Drew Brees.  I'm not quiet there yet, his gaudy stats with less than stellar W/L(26-30-1) and reputation for boneheaded plays at the worst times give me pause-on paper it seems like he could be though.

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
@"PSBLAKE" said:

For the kind of deal he is going to command he BETTER be the next Drew Brees.  I'm not quiet there yet, his gaudy stats with less than stellar W/L(26-30-1) and reputation for boneheaded plays at the worst times give me pause-on paper it seems like he could be though.
Every deal is way too much.  if he turns out to be the next Drew Brees his deal will look like a bargain in two years they all do.

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
@"Steve" said:
Vikings get to the NFC Championship game because Keenum dealt with pressure better than any QB coming off the pine in history, and fans want to replace him with the guy who led the league in interceptions under pressure last year.

If Keenum won 9 games last year, people would be all over him talking about his potential.  Instead, he gets one game shy of the Superbowl and everyone is window shopping replacements.
well said.  Im amazed, but shouldn’t be.  Most teams would be looking for a way to lock him down and looking forward to next year.  Vike fans deserve the misery that follows them lol
I think this is misguided, unfair, and directed at the wrong parties.

It is not Vikings fans fault that the front office (not us fans) has not decided to go ahead and extend Case.

Why haven't they done that if what you say is true?

Surely they saw what you saw during the season.

To blame other fans who are now speculating about which QB they would like to see, and Kirk Cousins is a better QB at this point as his stats the last 3 years are much better than any current Vikings QB, is just wrong.

The argument made here is that the fans are clamoring for another QB and going window shopping.  Well, hell yes!

Why not?

What is the actual front office doing?  There has been plenty of time to extend Case or Teddy or Sam or at least to begin some kind of talks which probably would have gotten out (leaked) by now.

Even if they are going to keep one of the three, the fact that they have not done it yet makes it perfectly fine to do some window shopping.

For the record, the only other QB I read that others want (I do), is Kirk Cousins.

I can live with being called a fair weather fan or whatever people want.

I do not give a you know what.

I have seen all 4 Super Bowl losses live.

The Raiders loss was particularly painful.

I am sure other fans have seen these games too.

It changes your perspective when you got over 45 years invested.

Window shopping?  You damn right!

What is the team doing?

Bradford can make all the throws.  Plus, he SHOULD come pretty cheaply.  That would allow us to use the money saved on other positions.  HOWEVER...  I think we all know that he's not going to stay healthy, so...