Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAO coming to the Bears - Chilly comes out of retirement
Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Well, there is two wins per year for the Vikings.  one of the worst, most inflexible coaches ever.  He killed our franchise for years.  Only a Brett Favre who chose to ignore Childress play calling was successful in Minnesota.  

Andy Reid never let Childress call plaus at any tume in Philly or KC because Childress is a dolt.  Yay Bears!
I blame it on the Wilfs for hiring that little dip-shit in the first place. 

I love the talking stick comment about so many guys harping tribiskys ear----what could go wrong

Being born into a family of Bears fans, this means 1+ seasons of commiseration with them.

Are NFL HCs that's desperate for someone to go get their coffee or does Chilly just make that good a cuppa joe?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Goodfellas! One of my all time favs! Joe Pesci absolutely killed it! And Ray Liottas laugh has to be the most awkward ever  :# B)

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Well, there is two wins per year for the Vikings.  one of the worst, most inflexible coaches ever.  He killed our franchise for years.  Only a Brett Favre who chose to ignore Childress play calling was successful in Minnesota.  

Andy Reid never let Childress call plaus at any tume in Philly or KC because Childress is a dolt.  Yay Bears!
Didn't he get to the playoffs with Gus and Tjax?

[Image: 6ollkn35i3sa.jpeg]
She’s back...    Wink B)

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Tom Moore said:

Didn't he get to the playoffs with Gus and Tjax?
Yes, memories tend to become jaded with time.  Childress did improve the team from where it was.  But he seemed a bit short sited and then his no-nonsense approach was exposed when he went schoolgirl drama for Bert.  If you are going to be stern and gruff, you better be consistent.  Otherwise you go from not liked, but respected to not liked and not respected.

i dont resent chilly,  he was what the team needed at the time.   he overstayed his welcome a bit,  but 09 never happens IMO if chilly wasnt here so... it is what it is.  we've had much worse coaches.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i dont resent chilly,  he was what the team needed at the time.   he overstayed his welcome a bit,  but 09 never happens IMO if chilly wasnt here so... it is what it is.  we've had much worse coaches.
Yes, the Wilfs wanted some discipline installed and he was good at that until he caved by letting Favre sit out camp and then doubling his salary.

It was also at the end of the coach/gm era where coaches wanted all the control.  The wilfs screwed up by not having an actual GM.