Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer said Elflein's injury is serious
Quote: @njvike said:
Zimmer shouldnt be saying things like this in public. Serves absolutely NO purpose. Just another indication he is out of his depth as a HC. He's best as a DC. 

I like Zim as a coach, just not as a HC. He was schooled in these playoffs by Payton and Pederson and lucked into a win on a MIRACLE play that really was not deserved.

P.S. Spielman still gotta go. 12 years and 2 home playoff wins ain't good enough for a team that claims to have championship asperations. A team has to win 3-4 consecutive playoff games to win a SB. The last Vikings squad that has managed to win at least TWO playoff games? The 1987 team....That's THIRTY years ago. 
This is ridiculous. 13-3, fire the coach and GM.  

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@njvike said:
Zimmer shouldnt be saying things like this in public. Serves absolutely NO purpose. Just another indication he is out of his depth as a HC. He's best as a DC. 

I like Zim as a coach, just not as a HC. He was schooled in these playoffs by Payton and Pederson and lucked into a win on a MIRACLE play that really was not deserved.

P.S. Spielman still gotta go. 12 years and 2 home playoff wins ain't good enough for a team that claims to have championship asperations. A team has to win 3-4 consecutive playoff games to win a SB. The last Vikings squad that has managed to win at least TWO playoff games? The 1987 team....That's THIRTY years ago. 
It's his schtick... Surprised it took him this long...Missed ya NJ...

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@njvike said:

It's his schtick... Surprised it took him this long...Missed ya NJ...
Yeah.  We only saw him 4 times in 19 weeks.  :devil:

Never said fire Zim....but dont let that stop your rant. I think its apparent he does not match up well to elite, PLAYOFF WINNING coaches. He's decent in a Marvin Lewis kind of way.

But I have been calling for a change in the FO and scouting department since 2009. That I will stick to. 

Look at the Giants....Reese has won TWO SUPER BOWLS since 2007 and he was shit-canned mid-season due to lack of playoff wins the past 5 years. 

Spielman has been TOTALLY in charge of scouting sonce 2006. That has resulted in a grand total of 2 playoff wins in those 12 seasons. 

Talk all you want about regular season records or Pro Bowl players, but unless you back it up with PLAYOFF WINS, it's just that....TALK. 

Prove it on the field, or just shut the fuck up. The Packers went 15-1 in 2011 and went 0-1 in the playoffs. 
The 2010 Packers went 10-6, got a wild card playoff berth and WON the Super Bowl....which team had a better season?

13-3 is great, unless you end up choking in the playoffs. Deep down, I knew I should not have put much credence into that miracle win last week.....it was simply the set up for the latest way for this franchise to kick thier fan base in it's collective balls.

I could have dealt with a 3 or 7 point loss, but that complete ass-whooping was just the latest example of a decades-long FACT...the Vikings will ALWAYS choke in the playoffs, no matter HOW EASY THE PATH SEEMS TO BE. Nick Foles, who played 3 games this year, and looked AWFUL in those games, absolutely SHREDS the supposed number 1 defense in the championship game? LOL! 

Sorry, Viking fans can't blame the refs, the weather, the NFL, conspiracies, the Russians, Hillary, Trump or Buck/Aikman. The Vikings lost in the playoffs, yet AGAIN, because they were not GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN. Occam's Razor.

Over the last 4 decades, ownership has changed, coaches have changed, players have changed and even their stadium has changed. The ONLY constant has been playoff failure. 

If you want to celebrate a division title, God bless. Having been a fan since the '60's, I guess that's a "been there, done that" kind of deal to me.

For a team and fan base that has been pounding their chest about how "deep" their roster is, and how young their roster is, and how many Pro Bowl caliber players they have for the past few years, I have yet to see a Super Bowl trophy, or even a NFC Championship trophy for that matter. If I recall, the 1988 team had @ 10 pro bowlers.....and got destroyed in the playoffs by the 49ers.....you know, the team that actually WON the championship.

Between April 2011 and September 2016, Ricky has spent 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS and a total of FIVE draft picks on 3 Quarterbacks and NONE of them are currently signed for the 2018 season (1 is out of the league). Not impressive. 

Will one of more of them be on the team next year? Probably. That prognostication doesn't make this situation any less troubling. The organizations unjustified (at this juncture) LOVE of Bridgewater is, IMHO, disturbing, and as much as I've enjoyed the Case season, it has a Mitchell/Cassel/Cunningham kinda feel to it. You may have faith in RS to make the right decision, but I don't. 

13-3, until PROVEN otherwise, was an aberration, just like 12-4 in 2009. Rodgers was out, the Lions regressed, the Bears were who we thought they were, the Seahawks regressed, the Giants and Cowboys imploded, the Falcons were unable to replicate their hot streak from 2016. Then, Wentz, the MVP front runner, is lost for the season. The path to a home SB is clear sailing....until you LOSE BY 31 POINTS.

But, hey, I'm the bad guy for stating facts. Whatever floats your boat.

That doesn't change the FACT that the Vikings have once again been humiliated in the playoffs. 

It's a good thing Sloter is Brady 2.0, right? After all, he IS currently the Vikings ONLY QB for 2018. No need to be concerned, correct? 
SMH.

You keep putting faith in Schpielman, I'll keep citing his well documented playoff failures. Numbers don't lie. 

Peace

It's a broken foot.   We drove his parents back to their hotel

Quote: @njvike said:
Deep down, I knew I should not have put much credence into that miracle win last week.....it was simply the set up for the latest way for this franchise to kick thier fan base in it's collective balls.
This week was terrible. Definitely. But don't tear down last week too! That Saints game was awesome and despite the humiliation today, last week was still awesome. I'd take the joy of winning last week plus the agony of shame this week over losing to the Saints outright any day.

I'll grant you that, but at least admit as a 6 Decades-long fan, I have earned the right to be exasperated and able to express such feelings.

If you want to fire someone it should be Zygmunt Wilf.   Years of his bad coaching hires (Chili, Les) and stupid t.o.a. have wasted a lot of time.   He's also a venal huckster who shafts his business partners and who doesn't deserve good things, 2nd gen inherited money with all the typical traits.   Of course that said, if being a major asshole was an impediment to winning NFL titles Robert Kraft wouldn't be about to win his 6th one.  

You have to make the playoffs to have  a shot.  Vikings have done that 2 of the last 3 years.  On the upswing.

Good to see you back, NJ. Odd how much better your keyboard works after a loss.