Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done
Been 51 for me.  Changed to hoping for the best and planning for the worst...  Never believe they'll go all the way then cheer if you're wrong.

44 years since their last SB appearance. Viking fans have every right to be frustrated, disappointed and bitter. At least thats how I'm feeling tonight. 

Thats right PF.  They could have been the first team to ever play a superbowl in their own stadium.  came closer that anyone.  They started the game off with a bang and then OL and D just collapsed.  How? Why?  what a fucked up way to end a great season.  just phoning it in.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
Thats right PF.  They could have been the first team to ever play a superbowl in their own stadium.  came closer that anyone.  They started the game off with a bang and then OL and D just collapsed.  How? Why?  what a fucked up way to end a great season.  just phoning it in.
We've all seen so much football over the years. Sometimes teams just dont play well. No explanation for it.

I do think the front office, coaches and team need to evaluate what's happened with this D lately. A game like this does cause me to pause and question the resiliency of some of these young warriors. 

At 14/4 the team has some luxury to be taking BPA at 29 or 28. But draft is for another day or time. Tonight and the next few days are (at least for me) time to process this and move on.

frustrated & disappointed for sure

I just did not  evidence this 

Another huge disappointment.  Truly an embarrassing performance tonite.

This is a difficult loss and it sucks. It was a horrible showing and Philly deserved the win. Once again, I don't care for either team in the big game.

I'm not done, though. If I wasn't done after some of the bad seasons, then I'm not going to be done after a 13-3 season that includes a divisional playoff win. 

I'm not done but I'm in a dark place.

Losing a heartbreaker might have felt worse, but it would give me hope for next season. Right now I'm looking at a D that got dogged on the biggest stage (including 2nd half last week) and a QB that I'm not sure I have faith in. I honestly don't know after today.

Dalvin will be back next year but is that enough? Idk. The NFL changes so much year to year that the Eagles could suck next year but I doubt it. Rams, Saints, etc will be good. We need to reload and come back MUCH stronger. I hope we do. The same won't be enough.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I'm not done but I'm in a dark place.

Losing a heartbreaker might have felt worse, but it would give me hope for next season. Right now I'm looking at a D that got dogged on the biggest stage (including 2nd half last week) and a QB that I'm not sure I have faith in. I honestly don't know after today.

Dalvin will be back next year but is that enough? Idk. The NFL changes so much year to year that the Eagles could suck next year but I doubt it. Rams, Saints, etc will be good. We need to reload and come back MUCH stronger. I hope we do. The same won't be enough.
Fans should be in a dark place tonight and the players/coaches should be embarrassed. Terrible showing. It'll be nice to have Cook back no doubt. Big play ability and can help keep the opposing offense on the sideline with what should be a better run game too. 

But yah, the same won't be enough. No reason not to expect GB and Dallas both to bounce back. You never know year to year (unless your NE).