Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilly Dilly We're Going to Philly!!!
I am more nervous about this game now that it is a reality than I was when it was only a possibility.  watching them and how they have played without Wentz at home makes me think we might be vulnerable if we dont bring our A game.   I dont think mistakes are going to cut it in that environment.   Its going to take our O getting up on them early and maintaining that pressure and O defense playing the stifling defense we know that they are capable of.  This game will be either be a blow out,  or a nail biter,  i just dont see a 6-8 point margin for the winner. 

Our defense has traveled well.  Other than 2 plays in Carolina, we have been pretty solid.  Those two plays were because of Cam Newton and Foles isn't exactly Cam.

I am less nervous about this game as the New Orleans game.  Maybe because I just didn't want to see a "One and Done" after such a fantastic season.  I now feel we have accomplished something, even if it was to just stick a knife in the heart of the Saints fans and their organization.
I can see us winning in Philly but know that every game can be decided on things beyond our control. 
Not worried about home team records in NFC/AFC title games.  This team and Zimmer has been breaking the norm all year.
The big game I see is beyond the Eagles.  We are either going to be facing the Patriots or host the Eagles who will be against NE.  That's the game I am more worried about and we aren't even there yet.

The game plan to stop their offense should be an easy one. Sellout to stop Ajayi and force Nick Foles to beat you. I think we win that match up easy. Foles will resort to RPOs and Zimmer will be ready.

My biggest fear is Fletcher Cox wreaking havoc and causing turnovers. In a game of field goals and turnovers, it's anybody's game. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ended 9-6. 

my only real concern is the location... this team is so much better with the home crowd,  not saying they cant win in a hostile environment.. i would just feel better knowing they have 70,000 screaming berserkers behind them.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Here is why...
"Philadelphia's home-field advantage matters more than you might realize. The past eight NFC/AFC title games have all been won by the home team."
And this...
"This season, two of the Vikings’ three losses came on the road on grass outdoor fields."
Not a factor.  Pittsburgh's loss(excuse) Bradford was a game time decision scratch and Pittsburgh's home opener.  I further don't think the Vikings put a lot of effort into that game based on the latter and the fact that it would not have a big impact in terms of tiebreakers.  The Carolina game we were without Effelien and lost another starter during the game.  despite that they were in position to win that game late.  Those two losses were not a result of the field or conditions

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The game plan to stop their offense should be an easy one. Sellout to stop Ajayi and force Nick Foles to beat you. I think we win that match up easy. Foles will resort to RPOs and Zimmer will be ready.

My biggest fear is Fletcher Cox wreaking havoc and causing turnovers. In a game of field goals and turnovers, it's anybody's game. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ended 9-6. 
What is RPO?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

What is RPO?
Run/pass option. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/8/25/...hlisberger

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
We beat the Packers on grass outside
We beat the Browns on grass outside
We beat the Redskins on grass outside
We beat the Bears on grass outside
We lost convincingly to the Eagles last year on grass.  I know our OL was banged up but its somewhat banged up now.  Anyone who they should be underdogs is kidding themselves. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
We beat the Packers on grass outside
We beat the Browns on grass outside
We beat the Redskins on grass outside
We beat the Bears on grass outside
We lost convincingly to the Eagles last year on grass.  I know our OL was banged up but its somewhat banged up now.  Anyone who they should be underdogs is kidding themselves. 
We should be underdogs?