Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting Treadwell over Michael Thomas...
It sucks, but you can't win 'em all.  Look back at all the teams that passed on AP or Randy.  Sure I'd love to have him over Treadwell, but I get why we made the pick when we did.  Tall, catches contested balls, kind of a safety blanket receiver.  He just didn't pan out the way we thought it would.  That being said, I'm hopefully people will say the same thing about passing on Cook when he is healthy.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
What Andrew Kramer had to say:

There were reported concerns about Thomas’ route running and work ethic
That sounds familiar.  Didn't we recently use a first round pick on a WR like that?

Quote: @Scoog said:
@purplefaithful said:
What Andrew Kramer had to say:

There were reported concerns about Thomas’ route running and work ethic
That sounds familiar.  Didn't we recently use a first round pick on a WR like that?
likely why the team was gun shy to begin with.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I still think Treadwell's failures are greatly exaggerated. I'm not saying he's been good, but it is tough to get a lot of targets when you're playing with Thielen, Diggs, Rudy, and Jet. If you watch the film he's much improved from last season when it comes to route running. There are times he's running open down the field, but he's being asked to clear out and block vs. make a reception. That is how Shumur attempts to play to his strengths. 
Agree. As you know, I was not a fan of Treadwell at all, but even I'm willing to admit that he hasn't really been given a full opportunity yet. Neither has Michael Floyd. Pretty tough for these guys to get reps behind the NFL's best receiving duo. Problem is that with Diggs and Thielen both young and likely staying for a while, that situation may not improve much in the near future. I think we could see Treadwell traded this off season. 
I wouldn't disagree with the idea of trading him. The real question would be, what kind of value does he have? I think the real detriment to his value is that he isn't a great ST's contributor. If he did that successfully it makes it easier for teams to cope with giving up a pick. 

A trade that makes a ton of sense in my mind is swapping Tread for Corey Coleman in Cleveland. During the draft Coleman was the Vikings top WR target and you could argue both would benefit from a change of scenery. You can ask, why would the Browns do that swap? John Dorsey, their new GM, was in KC during the 2016 draft. They were planning on taking Treadwell if he would have been available. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I still think Treadwell's failures are greatly exaggerated. I'm not saying he's been good, but it is tough to get a lot of targets when you're playing with Thielen, Diggs, Rudy, and Jet. If you watch the film he's much improved from last season when it comes to route running. There are times he's running open down the field, but he's being asked to clear out and block vs. make a reception. That is how Shumur attempts to play to his strengths. 
Agree. As you know, I was not a fan of Treadwell at all, but even I'm willing to admit that he hasn't really been given a full opportunity yet. Neither has Michael Floyd. Pretty tough for these guys to get reps behind the NFL's best receiving duo. Problem is that with Diggs and Thielen both young and likely staying for a while, that situation may not improve much in the near future. I think we could see Treadwell traded this off season. 
I wouldn't disagree with the idea of trading him. The real question would be, what kind of value does he have? I think the real detriment to his value is that he isn't a great ST's contributor. If he did that successfully it makes it easier for teams to cope with giving up a pick. 

A trade that makes a ton of sense in my mind is swapping Tread for Corey Coleman in Cleveland. During the draft Coleman was the Vikings top WR target and you could argue both would benefit from a change of scenery. You can ask, why would the Browns do that swap? John Dorsey, their new GM, was in KC during the 2016 draft. They were planning on taking Treadwell if he would have been available. 
Now this would be a great trade!

"The rumors of Treadwell's demise have been greatly exaggerated..." 

Yeah he had to put in lots and lots of hours on the juggs machine. Yeah he's dropped a couple catchables.  I think the kid has plenty of potential, still, watching some of the catches he *does* make.  Part of the issue is that we have 2 guys from nowhere lighting up the league at WR. It's almost an embarrassment of riches. Call it a problem I'm happy to have Big Grin