Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer says Vikings will ‘take our time’ with Sam Bradford’s recovery
I'm not sure believing Sam is a better choice over Teddy is disparaging Teddy.

I love Teddy and would love him to be our franchise qb.  I just don't think he will ever be good enough.

Sam been practicing as much as s Teddy lately? 

'Cuz if not we already saw what a rusty Bradford looked like against the Bears and it wasn't pretty.  

Quote: @FSUVike said:

'Cuz if not we already saw what a rusty Bradford looked like against the Bears and it wasn't pretty.  
Bradford rusty?   ahh he couldn't move to protect himself, I wouldn't call that rusty  I would call that lame

Yeah, and the bone on bone rumors.  I still have a hard time believing he will actually play again.  Hopefully he gets his super bowl ring and can retire comfortably and make do with the small amounts of money he has scraped together.

Hopefully Case will do just fine and the question of Sam vs. Teddy will be moot.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Hopefully Case will do just fine and the question of Sam vs. Teddy will be moot.
I look forward to discussing it in the offseason.  Right now, it is Keenum's time.

I really believe that Sam was pretty doped up for that game

Quote: @PapaScott said:
@FSUVike said:

Bradford rusty?   ahh he couldn't move to protect himself, I wouldn't call that rusty  I would call that lame
His timing on damn near every throw was off.  You can only put part of the blame on the knee,.IMO.

Sam is a rhythm thrower. And look how out of synch he was after only missing a few weeks of practice. Now that he's missed this much time I have serious concerns about how he'd look getting thrust into duty.

@PapaScott said:
@FSUVike said:

His timing on damn near every throw was off.  You can only put part of the blame on the knee,.IMO.

Sam is a rhythm thrower. And look how out of synch he was after only missing a few weeks of practice. Now that he's missed this much time I have serious concerns about how he'd look getting thrust into duty.
probably some of both.  I don't think he trusted the knee, and it hurt so his mechanics were off.  He was really bad, so it was likely a combination of things.

All that said, I don't see him as a good option at this point in the season.

To me in the video on Vikings.com yesterday it still looks like he's not 100% comfortable on the knee.  When he 'slides' forward in the drill it looks like he is favoring his right leg.  Maybe it's just  the way he moves, which isn't really his strength.   Teddy looks waaay more active and confident moving on his knee right now.  I really wish they could have got him more reps later in the season just for this reason.