Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you stop the Saints Passing game?
Their offensive line is exhausted and depleted, their running backs are human.

Yup, I was rooting for the Rams and then the Panthers.  I guess we take the high hurdle on first.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
There will be a massive difference between the Carolina D in NO, vs the Minn Defense in Minn
Truer words have never been spoken... 

The Saints will be amped up, and after a few stalled drives, they will lose some of there sheen. I am really relishing the chance to smack them around, and humanize them. 

I REALLY want Zim to unleash the defense against these guys...

We played them Week 1, and yeah, they were a different team, but so are we. I trust Zim to outscheme nearly anyone in the league. 

I agree with jargo. Pound the hell out of Brees every chance they get. Give him happy feet and make him start paying more attention to the pass rush than the WRs.
That said we can't allow the quick passing game to get started and first and foremost we have to stop the run.
Zimmer knows what he's doing and our guys won't take it for granted that we beat them the first game. They've gotten better but we've gotten whole lot better on both sides of the ball too.

Quote: @"96POPS" said:
I agree with jargo. Pound the hell out of Brees every chance they get. Give him happy feet and make him start paying more attention to the pass rush than the WRs.
That said we can't allow the quick passing game to get started and first and foremost we have to stop the run.
Zimmer knows what he's doing and our guys won't take it for granted that we beat them the first game. They've gotten better but we've gotten whole lot better on both sides of the ball too.
Great minds! 

I totally agree. I don't think they have felt a defense constrict them quite like we do. They didn't get Trae Waynes 2.0... 

Assuming we have our heads on straight, and I see no reason why we wouldn't, I think we terrorize Brees, and I will love every freakin' second of it.

Play the Vikings

While the Saints are the toughest of the 3 possible match-ups, we proved in week 1 that we can beat them. Both teams are different beasts at this point, but I think the same points of stopping the run, being physical with their receivers, and keeping safeties back to take away the big plays. A big factor for us is that Waynes and Alexander have made major strides since the beginning of the season, so we are a much more difficult team to pass on now.

The bigger question for me is that our offense has lost explosiveness since week 1 with Bradford and Cook getting hurt, but the running game has become a lot more physical with Murray and Keenum has continued to do enough. I'm hoping that the extra week to rest and prepare will bring some big plays back in the passing game. We ideally want the Saints to play from behind and give the DL a chance to take advantage of New Orleans' battered OL.

Quote: @"ap88ap28" said:
Play the Vikings
Well played, sir!  B)

Rams passing game > Saints passing game and we held the Rams to 7 points

The saints  gave  up   26  points and  400 plus  yards   to  Carolina   in there  building   the  Viking offense  is  much more diverse  than the Panthers   question is  ? How  do the  ain't  stop the  Vikings offense . I  just  don't see  the  saints  or any buddy  scoring 31  points against thus viking Def at  home. For weeks I have said the aunts  Def  is not good against  good offenses