Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Ditches Knee Brace
good for him,  I am sure he is still a long way from game speed and full contact without it,  but its like taking off a tight collared shirt on a hot day... it just feels so much better...   actually its really weird at first,  every little things makes you wonder if that is right or is that supposed to feel that way...but he needs to relearn his knee and grow confidence in the repairs.

I am ecstatic for him. It's an absolutely amazing sight to see.

Based on the last tidbit I heard Teddy is still in-line to open the season on the PUP list and continue rehabbing throughout camp, the preseason, and the first 6 weeks of the season. After that there is a very real chance he is fully cleared and becomes the backup QB. In my opinion he likely wouldn't be the #2 on gameday. But he could be used as a long-term fix if Bradford were to suffer a significant injury. 

In the Vikings eyes this is playing out nicely if they can get him cleared around week 6 (that is when he could first be activated). They can watch him on the practice field for nearly 11 weeks with his contract tolling into 2018. It makes the Bradford decision that much easier when you know what you're working with in Bridgewater. 

Great to see!

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
I hope Colonel Sanders doesn't see these photos...

im loving seeing Teddy subtly telling all armchair sports medicine experts they dont determine what he is or isnt able to do. 

if teddy is healthy he will be starting soon after that. mark my words. he is the team leader and the qb our coach wants. to me this is obvious. now the health needs to continue progressing well. but dont be surprised we have a training camp qb battle.

only way teddy goes on pup now, with where he is in progress, is against his wishes and wouldnt help in any way going forward with the team handling the qb situation. it would alienate teammates of one of the most liked, trusted, and respected players on team and in NFL. 

its all specultion on all sides. makes for interesting off season. but im on the side of teddy starter more games than any qb on roster this year. 

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
im loving seeing Teddy subtly telling all armchair sports medicine experts they dont determine what he is or isnt able to do. 

if teddy is healthy he will be starting soon after that. mark my words. he is the team leader and the qb our coach wants. to me this is obvious. now the health needs to continue progressing well. but dont be surprised we have a training camp qb battle.

only way teddy goes on pup now, with where he is in progress, is against his wishes and wouldnt help in any way going forward with the team handling the qb situation. it would alienate one of the players most liked, trusted, and respected by all his teammates. 

its all specultion on all sides. makes for interesting off season. but im on the side of teddy starter more games than any qb on roster this year. 

But what does it mean "if teddy is healthy"?  I think there very much is a gradient where at the beginning, he's just "healthy" enough to perform everything he needs to do, but is his strength at 100%?  Probably unlikely, and what does that mean towards his likeliness of being re-injured?  I'm a Bridgewater fan over Bradford, but I'm still worried about sending him out too early.  I'd probably hold him out as long as possible, barring injury to Bradford, to a) let him continue to develop strength and confidence in the knee in controlled situations, and b) to let him work on his mechanics that went wonky in 2015 (might be fixed, but as fans we don't really know)

Quote: @"medaille" said:But what does it mean "if teddy is healthy"?  I think there very much is a gradient where at the beginning, he's just "healthy" enough to perform everything he needs to do, but is his strength at 100%?  Probably unlikely, and what does that mean towards his likeliness of being re-injured?  I'm a Bridgewater fan over Bradford, but I'm still worried about sending him out too early.  I'd probably hold him out as long as possible, barring injury to Bradford, to a) let him continue to develop strength and confidence in the knee in controlled situations, and b) to let him work on his mechanics that went wonky in 2015 (might be fixed, but as fans we don't really know)
if teddy is healthy means: our trainers, not us as armchair athletic trainers, deem it as safe as it needs to be to play. 

im not worried about reinjury. im always worried about injuries anything can happen. cant hold back a player for fear or reinjury. hell a brand new injury is just as likely. its all a crap shoot

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Canthony" said:
Really impressed. Wonder what the team and the doctors say
I doubt he would be doing anything against the team doctor's orders.

I never thought he was going against them. I simply would like to know their thoughts and what they have to say about it. Does this mean he is almost ready to play?

Quote: @"NFL Draft Guru" said:
Based on the last tidbit I heard Teddy is still in-line to open the season on the PUP list and continue rehabbing throughout camp, the preseason, and the first 6 weeks of the season. After that there is a very real chance he is fully cleared and becomes the backup QB. In my opinion he likely wouldn't be the #2 on gameday. But he could be used as a long-term fix if Bradford were to suffer a significant injury. 

In the Vikings eyes this is playing out nicely if they can get him cleared around week 6 (that is when he could first be activated). They can watch him on the practice field for nearly 11 weeks with his contract tolling into 2018. It makes the Bradford decision that much easier when you know what you're working with in Bridgewater. 
It's funny, early word was/has been/continues to be there isn't a time table for his return due to the unique nature of the injury he suffered...yet, here's pretty much the same timetable we've assumed/approximated/speculated on for months...

Assuming he tolls, we are sitting in pretty good shape at the QB slot for the next year or two...