Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Minnesota beats Green Bay Saturday, they are a 99%....
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
The interesting part is who the Eagles and Vikings would play after their byes if that happens. Vikings would play the highest seeded remaining winner and the Eagles the lowest. It could be anyone as the teams seeded #3 through #6 are very evenly matched.
And whats the logic of the #2 seed playing the highest seed left and #1 playing the lowest??
Gotta divide it up somehow.  And giving the best team the edge seems to be popular in tournaments.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Regardless of what happens down the stretch the most likely #3 seed in the NFC is the Rams. Its going to be awfully tough for a team to head into LA and beat them. So if MN can lock up the #2 seed there is likely rematch in the divisional round. That leaves the Eagles more likely than not playing at home against the Saints, Panthers, Falcons. I think they'll have a hard time beating any of those teams to be completely honest. 
Dayum, I completely forgot about the Rams Geoff! 

I could absolutely see a rematch with them...

I think we see Carolina in the USbank for the NFCC game.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I just dont have a good feel for how beatable the Eagles are...at home in the playoffs.  It would be great to see them get knocked out early and we gain homefield against ANYONE.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Or think back to that December game in 09. The one when the 12 win Brett Favre led Vikings lost to the frigging sorry asz Bears.

Win that game? We host Brees and The Saints for the NFC CG.  

This is an important game. History reminds us not to f uck it up. Hopefully this is the year to kill demons past. 
Oh my, I totally forgot about that. The one that sticks in my craw more than any other is the '75 game. That was our best team of the 70s. But it wasn't the Hail Mary that haunts me as much as the play before, when Staubach completed a pass to Drew Pearson on 4th and 17!! Pearson caught the ball out of bounds but it was ruled that he was forced out. 

Based on how the teams are playing right now, that would seem to be the most likely. Nothing like home field advantage throughout and including the Super Bowl. 

Rams or Carolina.  And I like our chances at home.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Oh my, I totally forgot about that. The one that sticks in my craw more than any other is the '75 game. That was our best team of the 70s. But it wasn't the Hail Mary that haunts me as much as the play before, when Staubach completed a pass to Drew Pearson on 4th and 17!! Pearson caught the ball out of bounds but it was ruled that he was forced out. 
Jeez Maroon,
It took me about 25 years to suppress that memory.  I guess I need to start memory-suppression therapy again.  I'm still working on suppressing the NFCCG against Atlanta. It has only been about 20 years for that one - still fresh. Feel free to dredge up that one.

it is going to be the Rams, which is AS GOOD AS WE COULD ASK FOR. I would rather play the best team in the NfC in our first game at home. Especially now that Legatron is out, the Rams will need to score TDs, doing that in Minnesota is hard to do. 

Get the toughest team out of the way, regardless who we play in the championship game. 

No one will have a better WR, better RB, better defense, better ST than the Rams

The thing that's crazy about the NFL playoffs (vs every other major league sport) is one bad game and you're done.

Zimsu called that out to the players after Carolina.

As some sage posters have posted here in the past "the best team doesn't always win the game, but it's who plays better that day"

No room for a bad game...Soul crushing if you lose and euphoria with a win.