Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz out. Torn Mcl?
What a bummer.  Not an Eagles fan, but it's hard to not cheer for Carson; especially here in Fargo.  Too bad for a good dude having a MVP type of year.

stayed in 4 more plays and threw a TD....locker room cred....

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
A tough blow, but I don't feel sorry for other teams and their injuries.....the Vikings have enough of their own going on right now. If Reiff is out for awhile, we might limp to the playoffs. 
Sympathy for the injured players.  None for the teams and fans. We've been so snake-bit with injuries the last few seasons I can't imagine getting to a point where I feel it's evened out.

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
Definite hero status for that.

https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/940049581886205952

He got Daunte’d! ...as predicted, too bad but one could see it coming, almost too competitve for his own well being.

It was a tough hit to the leg, ugly. Very Carr like. It does open the NFC up potentially a lot. Rogers coming back and GB has the best qb in the nfc. Not that Wentz reached that status yet. 

So now who are the favorites? Stays the same I guess:

Rams
Vikings
Saints

Eagles with Foles?
Seahawks
Falcons
Panthers

I dont know what the records are of all those teams, but I'd add GB to the list with Rogers back. 

That's sad & bad news for the league as what they had going on was something special
one would hope greedy dreams of a longer season will end soon as it's a war of attrition now and the Super Bowl may be void of any big stars

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
It was a tough hit to the leg, ugly. Very Carr like. It does open the NFC up potentially a lot. Rogers coming back and GB has the best qb in the nfc. Not that Wentz reached that status yet. 

So now who are the favorites? Stays the same I guess:

Rams
Vikings
Saints

Eagles with Foles?
Seahawks
Falcons
Panthers

I dont know what the records are of all those teams, but I'd add GB to the list with Rogers back. 
TLDR:
Speaking of GB, they are currently ranked 9th at 7-6 ...
Current NFC standings...
1. Philly (11-2). Games: Giants, Raiders, Cowboys
2. Vikes (10-3). Games: Bengals, Packers, Bears
3. Rams (9-4). Games: Seahawks, Titans, 49ers
4. Saints (9-4). Games: Jets, Falcons, Bucs
5. Panthers (9-4). Games: Packers, Bucs, Falcons
6. Falcons. (8-5). Games: Bucs, Saints, Panthers
7. Seahawks (8-5). Games: Rams, Cowboys, Cardinals
8. Lions (7-6). Games: Bears, Bengals, Packers
9. Packers (7-6). Games: Panthers, Vikings, Lions
10. Cowboys (7-6) Games: [Don't care]

Playoff scenerio
1. The Packers need to get to 10 wins to have a legit shot (they MUST beat the Panthers, Vikings and Lions). This allows them to move up the standings based on tie breakers. Anything short would make things really really tough. Even with 10 wins they would still be banking on certain games to go their way.
2. They have to hope the Falcon's beat the Panthers (Packers would hold the tie breaker based on 1 above)
They are in a good position when it comes to tie breakers as they own them against Caroline (if they beat them), Seattle and Dallas.
Again reason why the Falcon's win against the Saints was huge (Falcons own the tie breaker against GB). The Vikings loss was bad for the Packers and the Seattle loss was good for them.

Who you should support
1. Panthers to beat Packers
2. If Packers beat Panthers then you support Falcons to beat Panthers else who cares
3. Vikings over packers (duh)
4. Seahawks over Rams
5. Falcons over Saints
6. Lions to tie with Packers (just to screw both of them. Packers should not win. Lions have been a tricky team for us so I don't want to see them in the playoffs either. If we get to this point where this game is a decider then I guess I give up)

I don't want to see the Packers in the playoffs so I have an eye on this. The earlier they are knocked out the better for me 

Rams play the Rams?!?

I am putting all money on the Rams. 

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"NodakViking" said:
Definite hero status for that.

https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/940049581886205952

The NFL needs more guys like Carson...