Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How could there be empty seats in that stadium today?
Quote: @Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
Could it be the blowback to the the NFL/Goodell's idiocy in handling, take a knee on-purpose injection of politics into the one area people wanted to escape that stuff from is having an effect?  I don't mind what peeps think but they were too little, too late in removing it from what we really love... football.
No, it's been this way for along time.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
The stadium announced crowd was 71,000, and there were no more than 30,000 in the stadium.  The NFL has a problem if they can't fill a new stadium like Atlanta's who had a 7-4 record coming in
I was in attendance and I would say it was much more than 30k. Granted, there were a lot of empty seats, but not more than 50 percent empty. 

Its Atlanta....they are notorious for being horrible pro team fans. Its always been this way.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
Could it be the blowback to the the NFL/Goodell's idiocy in handling, take a knee on-purpose injection of politics into the one area people wanted to escape that stuff from is having an effect?  I don't mind what peeps think but they were too little, too late in removing it from what we really love... football.
I've been to may Vikings games and never seen it 50% empty, not even 30%.  I've seen 50% packer Jerseys but never empty seats to that degree even when sponsors bought up the last few thousand.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Its similar to Pittsburgh, New York, and LA. You have a strong team or new stadium and corporate sponsors buy up seats. When it comes to game day you have the casual fans and then the corporations who don't use their seats half the time.

The teams and NFL don't care since they're selling the tickets. But it would be nice to fill the building. MN is a bit better since the PSL's didn't out price the casual fan. 
except the teams do care.  They don't want dead stadiums

Quote: @BStads said:
@Tom Moore said:
The stadium announced crowd was 71,000, and there were no more than 30,000 in the stadium.  The NFL has a problem if they can't fill a new stadium like Atlanta's who had a 7-4 record coming in
I was in attendance and I would say it was much more than 30k. Granted, there were a lot of empty seats, but not more than 50 percent empty. 
a good portion of the lower bowl was empty.  If even 50% full, thats bad

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Its similar to Pittsburgh, New York, and LA. You have a strong team or new stadium and corporate sponsors buy up seats. When it comes to game day you have the casual fans and then the corporations who don't use their seats half the time.

The teams and NFL don't care since they're selling the tickets. But it would be nice to fill the building. MN is a bit better since the PSL's didn't out price the casual fan. 
except the teams do care.  They don't want dead stadiums
No - but they aren't going to turn willing buyers away either. Ideal is that you get both (full stadium/sellout). But they aren't going to "dilute" their product for a crowd either. 

A friend of mine paid $60 a seat for the game today. Not too bad for seats at a new stadium. 

Quote: @NodakViking said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Al (The Lochstar) Heurung said:
I've been to may Vikings games and never seen it 50% empty, not even 30%.  I've seen 50% packer Jerseys but never empty seats to that degree even when sponsors bought up the last few thousand.
Did I say anything about Minnesota?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Their fans are fickle. $1.6 billion on that building. The crowd was more excited for the SEC  championship game there. 
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its Atlanta....they are notorious for being horrible pro team fans. Its always been this way.

This is 1 and 1a...it's SEC country, so everything takes a back seat to college ball...