Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here REALLY EXPECT Bridgewater to start Sunday?
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
To answer the question...  No.  I think it is highly unlikely Teddy starts this week.

Assuming he doesn't, I would tend to agree with @medaille that his chances of starting will increase with every week that goes by.

For those that don't consider Teddy a "starter" anymore...  that will be answered by Zimmer.  Looking back at what he's said in the past...  Zimmer believed Teddy was "the guy" to lead this team for the  duration of his coaching career.  He said he never once thought he'd have to find a different QB right after the injury.  I would assume Zimmer would still view him as a "starter" if he is healthy enough to play.

Getting back to when he will start...  I still think the Detroit game is the earliest we'll see Bridgewater make his first start given the timing of our upcoming games.  I don't know that the coaching staff will want to start him against the Rams and then have a 3 day turnaround before the Detroit game to see how the knee responds after his first live action.  That would be asking a lot of a guy coming off a major knee injury to play two games in four days.
interesting point about Zims love for Teddy.   I been a long standing belief that Teddy was Norvs guys,  but maybe the reason that Norv was spending so much time with Teddy was because it was really Zim that was in love with the kid.  We have certainly seen more emotion from Zim regarding Teddy than just about any other player he has coached.

Quote: @"SDVikesFan" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
I don't expect it, but if he is healthy and practicing well, I think he should. If his return to play is "Keenum disappointed and we need Bridgewater to save us", the situation will be second-guessed and do the team and players no good. 

Bridgewater is a starter and Keenum is his backup. Start the starter and insert the backup if/when needed. If Teddy is healthy enough to play, give him his job back. Anything else just confuses their roles.

Now, if there is physical doubt about Bridgewater's readiness, that's a different situation, but in that case he shouldn't even be active for the game. 

Everyone keeps saying Bridgewater is the starter and should be given his job back.  Bridgewater "was" the starter prior to the 2016 season and never made it to the regular season.  He is not and has never been the starter on this team in 2017.  That starter is Sam Bradford and Keenum is his backup.  Teddy is the backup to Keenum at this point until he wins the starting spot through practices and performance.
If Sam isn't ready to go in the next few weeks Teddy will be taking the job from Case.  Teddy is better than Keenum and will give the team a better shot at winning.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"SDVikesFan" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
I don't expect it, but if he is healthy and practicing well, I think he should. If his return to play is "Keenum disappointed and we need Bridgewater to save us", the situation will be second-guessed and do the team and players no good. 

Bridgewater is a starter and Keenum is his backup. Start the starter and insert the backup if/when needed. If Teddy is healthy enough to play, give him his job back. Anything else just confuses their roles.

Now, if there is physical doubt about Bridgewater's readiness, that's a different situation, but in that case he shouldn't even be active for the game. 

Everyone keeps saying Bridgewater is the starter and should be given his job back.  Bridgewater "was" the starter prior to the 2016 season and never made it to the regular season.  He is not and has never been the starter on this team in 2017.  That starter is Sam Bradford and Keenum is his backup.  Teddy is the backup to Keenum at this point until he wins the starting spot through practices and performance.
If Sam isn't ready to go in the next few weeks Teddy will be taking the job from Case.  Teddy is better than Keenum and will give the team a better shot at winning.
So, you think Sam and Teddy will be on the active roster together?  That would mean someone else would have to be cut (Sloter?).  I'm thinking either Sam or Teddy gets to be on the team the remainder of season, but not both.

We'll soon find out...

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"SDVikesFan" said:
@"Jor-El" said:

So, you think Sam and Teddy will be on the active roster together?  That would mean someone else would have to be cut (Sloter?).  I'm thinking either Sam or Teddy gets to be on the team the remainder of season, but not both.

We'll soon find out...
I dont think they will expose Sloter, and without knowing the likelihood of Sams return its hard to say they wont carry 4 QBs considering Teddys unknowns. 

I think its almost a sure thing Bradford goes on IR. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think its almost a sure thing Bradford goes on IR. 
Yep, I agree.  Another 1st round gamble that didn't work out well for the Vikes.

1. Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  10m10 minutes ago
    More
    #Vikings QB Sam Bradford is visiting Dr. James Andrews again today as he continues to seek answers on his injured knee, per sources.

Direct message
  2. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Knee scope has always been last resort for Bradford, who had Regenokine treatments a few weeks ago. Trying everything to get back on field.

3. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  5m5 minutes ago
    More
    As @RapSheet said yesterday, Case Keenum is likely starter this week. Bridgewater has had backup reps in 6 practices. No rush. They're 6-2.

i also believe the Lions game will be Teddy’s start, unless Case plays well and we beat the foreskins and the lambs, in that case, its prolly Case’s team unless he implodes

No, he will be the back up to Case or at least activated

Case starts this week.  The team is winning and you don't change a successful formula just cause it's Teddy.