Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD Still Liking the Trade
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
The fact the we could not do more around him with a qb and a decent defense is embarassing for the Vikings organization, not to mention a huge wASte of talent.  

One year he had a qb, maybe another .5 with Gus. 

Hope AP and Barry Sanders are close, they have a lot to talk about. 
I dont know that AD and a quality offense can co-exist in todays NFL.  AD wasnt a bad guy,  just a guy that wanted his glory to be his top priority and for many fans that left us a little sore assed towards him.  Its not like AD offered to play for less if we were to put a better team around him,  all he wanted was to be the highest paid,  that seemingly was his top priority.  and to get out of Minny and play in Texas.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
AD pounded out 159 yards on 36 carries.  I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with yards or the number of carries. 

Not a bad day for a crappy old RB that doesn't have it anymore, huh?  Wink
Maybe they are trying to run him into the ground as payback for getting their starting QB injured on a missed blitz pickup.

Personally, I'm Ok he's finding some success still since the Vikes cut him.  Similar to Moss leaving, I was glad to see him go, but I'll always remember both of them as incredible special players for us.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
AD pounded out 159 yards on 36 carries.  I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with yards or the number of carries. 

Not a bad day for a crappy old RB that doesn't have it anymore, huh?  Wink
Maybe they are trying to run him into the ground as payback for getting their starting QB injured on a missed blitz pickup.
Not sure it is revenge, but their season is over, at least in terms of playoffs. Running Peterson into the ground will probably get them 3 more wins, and 7-9 keeps Bruce Arians from feeling any pressure. So what if they use Peterson up? They are only paying him about $700K for this year because the Saints were so desperate to be rid of him they agreed to pay most of his salary. Cardinals would owe him $3.5M next year; no chance they retain him with David Johnson coming back.

Good for him. He had a good day.