Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deshaun Watson
And I guess nobody cares how crappy the pass defense were? LOL. The media has crowned this the game of the century. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
And I guess nobody cares how crappy the pass defense were? LOL. The media has crowned this the game of the century. 
And yet both teams were loaded with with well above average DBs.

Maybe, just maybe, the ability to extend plays forever with their legs and throw pinpoint bombs was what led to such an exciting shootout.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:

Maybe, just maybe, the ability to extend plays forever with their legs and throw pinpoint bombs was what led to such an exciting shootout.
Both teams are in the bottom half of total defense in the league. Maybe, just maybe, you can look at it both ways. A little of each. Don't even try and tell me there's not an agenda to promote young stars by the media. They build them up to take them down. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:

Both teams are in the bottom half of total defense in the league. Maybe, just maybe, you can look at it both ways. A little of each. Don't even try and tell me there's not an agenda to promote young stars by the media. They build them up to take them down. 
Both teams have struggling pass rushes. Houston doesn't have Merciless or Watt. Seattle's is missing Avril and Richardson and Bennett seem to be on the downside of their careers.

That wasn't a GB Secondary on 3rd stringers or a Niners or Browns Unit full of kids not old enough to shave.

Both QBs lit up good Secondaries. Period. I don't give a rat's ass what the media says about either, it was a fun, surprising game.

Let's just hope that Cheatin' Pete doesn't realize that he doesn't need a run game and have Wilson go shotgun hurry-up from the first drive of the game when the Vikings host them in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs Wink

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:
@FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:

Both teams have struggling pass rushes. Houston doesn't have Merciless or Watt. Seattle's is missing Avril and Richardson and Bennett seem to be on the downside of their careers.

That wasn't a GB Secondary on 3rd stringers or a Niners or Browns Unit full of kids not old enough to shave.

Both QBs lit up good Secondaries. Period. I don't give a rat's ass what the media says about either, it was a fun, surprising game.

Let's just hope that Cheatin' Pete doesn't realize that he doesn't need a run game and have Wilson go shotgun hurry-up from the first drive of the game when the Vikings host them in the 2nd Round of the Playoffs Wink
Secondaries are only as good as their pass rushing fronts. Not disputing the dudes lit it up, I'm saying is nobody is talking about defenses that allowed over 800+ yards of passing. You can spin games however you want depending on agenda: great QB play or poor defensive play? Mix of both I say. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Wentz had another great day as well. 

Future faces of The NFL. I'd put Jamis in the group too.
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Wentz had another great day as well. 

Future faces of The NFL. I'd put Jamis in the group too.
Wentz did not have a very good day - 56% completion 2 TD's and an Int.  Keenum's day was better but both teams won against undefeated teams so we move along.  Wentz is having a very good season but yesterday was not a "great" day it was a very average day.  

Very impressed with this kid. All I can say is Watson looks pretty special. The funny thing is that most were trashing him because he didn't have the prototypical body/arm to be successful... Now he is dominating. You need adequate physical traits and a good mind. Its one thing most scouts and GMs seems to not get over. They keep drafting traits to try to build instead of skills to just work with. Look at how guys like Brady, Wilson, Dak, Teddy, and Watson can get out and hit it because they have the mind - they may not be the most physical, but they have the mental ability. But GMs want Bortles type QBs every year... its sad - but i'll take it. The browns continue to suck!