Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagan facility 70% Complete...
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Is 6,500 enough? Isn't Blaksee twice that size?
Blakeslee seats 7500. I wonder if there is room to add. Maybe they went conservative on the seating capacity. 

this is all shiny and pretty and shit,  but I dont see the fans being able to spend a day or two at these facilities like they do in Mankato.  I have a hard time envisioning training camp as it was.  From the players attitudes, to the vendors,  just everything.  Mankato was like a trip to the county fair,  Zigy World will be like a trip to Disneyland.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
this is all shiny and pretty and shit,  but I dont see the fans being able to spend a day or two at these facilities like they do in Mankato.  I have a hard time envisioning training camp as it was.  From the players attitudes, to the vendors,  just everything.  Mankato was like a trip to the county fair,  Zigy World will be like a trip to Disneyland.
It's not going to be training camp like it was. It's going to be training camp on steroids. I am wondering about details such as parking and gathering places. It's going to be different no doubt. It will be less of a drive for me but I am curious how it will change. 

It's not going to be training camp like it was. It's going to be training camp on steroids. I am wondering about details such as parking and gathering places. It's going to be different no doubt. It will be less of a drive for me but I am curious how it will change. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
like I said,  I am expecting disneyland.  I expect its going to be expensive and crowded.

@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
like I said,  I am expecting disneyland.  I expect its going to be expensive and crowded.
Especially at first when it's new. Have to get their early to get in. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Especially at first when it's new. Have to get their early to get in. 
I kind of figure that this was my last year attending,  its ok to watch them practice,  but it was the street carnival type atmosphere that I enjoyed the most.  I dont know that we are going to see that in the new facility,  there will be so much other stuff for people to do that the team and the upcoming season will be the side show.

I dunno was there anything really going on there other than the crappy backside of the stadium "fan Zone"? 

I loved Mankato but I think it was sort of worn down. Of course Ziggy is going to squeeze every penny out of ya while on his premises but there's other stuff around there. 

Besides admit it... it was mostly oggling coeds. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I dunno was there anything really going on there other than the crappy backside of the stadium "fan Zone"? 

I loved Mankato but I think it was sort of worn down. Of course Ziggy is going to squeeze every penny out of ya while on his premises but there's other stuff around there. 

Besides admit it... it was mostly oggling coeds. 
the camp ground was usually great,  the meet up at local restaurants,  the city of Mankato made it feel like a destination with the banners and shit around.  i just dont expect that type of feel or experience.  I hate theme parks and since that is the type of atmosphere I am expecting... tinted tainted outlook.

Lebanon Hills campground isn't too far and there are others so that's something. It definitely won't be the small town campus thing that Mankato was but it isn't like we ever went down town as a big group. I do think that you're right about the theme park atmosphere though. But then again there is only so much Jakes stadium pizza I can take and let's face it...... the pizza options in and around the city will be much MUCH better. 

If a group of folks does come up we might have to arrange a brewery party bus one night.