Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, The Giants Just Lost 3 WRs...
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
@"comet52" said:
I'll take a 5th rounder for Tready... that would be a steal, for US!
Probably no interest for a blocking WR for a 5th rounder.   Treadwell is an enigma
I don't think he's an enigma, I just think he was a huge reach. Go back to that draft and see what the teams did just before Minnesota selected him: they took 2 or 3 WRs right before the Vikings selected because they knew where Minnesota was going and wanted to get who they felt were good wideouts before the Vikings selected. And then they were left with Treadwell, although I believe Michael Thomas was still available.
Thomas was still available...*sigh*

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
@"comet52" said:
Probably no interest for a blocking WR for a 5th rounder.   Treadwell is an enigma
The Giants would do that deal in a second.  You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
Agree. Treadwell has been terrible, but his trade value is still fairly high. Another year or two of this and it will drop like a rock. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Eli Apple has fallen out of favor in NY...hmmmm....
I like that idea. Zimmer and Gray have a reputation for schooling DBs, and Apple has plenty of talent in need of schooling. The current Giants management would probably prefer a player swap over losing picks. If Apple puts things together, we would have great CB depth.

I’d say, give the Giants any player on our roster for their #1.  The Vikes could then use that pick to go get one of the top QB’s in this next draft.  Let Sam walk and move Teddy for whatever we can get.  start iver with an unbroken QB.

Quote: @"Vdynastee" said:
I’d say, give the Giants any player on our roster for their #1.  The Vikes could then use that pick to go get one of the top QB’s in this next draft.  Let Sam walk and move Teddy for whatever we can get.  start iver with an unbroken QB.
They would take Danielle Hunter or Xavier Rhodes. Still doing that deal?

Not trying to mock your suggestion, especially your first post - and welcome. I just wondered if you meant "any WR" or something more limited. 

why would they give us anything?  we are going to cut a reciever when Teddy gets activated. So unless Sam is headed to IR there wont be a spot for Teddy. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
why would they give us anything?  we are going to cut a reciever when Teddy gets activated. So unless Sam is headed to IR there wont be a spot for Teddy. 
But if so, we're going to cut Rodney Adams; I don't think he will spark the Giants back into contention. Any trade would involve Wright or Treadwell and the assumption that the Giants feel one of those is better than what they can get off the waiver wire.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
@"comet52" said:
The Giants would do that deal in a second.  You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
I don't think so. 

Guy has 4 catches total. 4. Not for the year. For his entire time in the NFL. 4. 

I would think that a team so decimated in one department isn't looking to trade away draft picks. 

At 0-5 their season is over. There's no reason to be making trades for that team. Better to play practice quad and lower depth chart guys anyway.

^^^^agree

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
@"comet52" said:
I don't think so. 

Guy has 4 catches total. 4. Not for the year. For his entire time in the NFL. 4. 

I would think that a team so decimated in one department isn't looking to trade away draft picks. 

At 0-5 their season is over. There's no reason to be making trades for that team. Better to play practice quad and lower depth chart guys anyway.

Actually, he has 6 catches, thank you very much.   Smile  For a whole 57 yards.

I would be elated to get anything in return for LT.  Plus, he would stop taking valuable snaps away from much better WRs (Floyd, Wright).