Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Me If You've Heard This Before, Diggs Hurt
Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
He gutted it out and came back in the game. Maybe you missed that part? 
Nope, saw that...he gutted out one last year too...highly ineffective in doing so...guy is always dinged up with the same bullshit injuries...Not dependable...hopefully Floyd or Treadwell pick up the slack...Thielan can't carry the load alone...

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
He gutted it out and came back in the game. Maybe you missed that part? 
he came back, but I think they said he didnt stay in very long.  he came out for a third down play IIRC and then left the field after that.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
The guy gutted-out a groin injury to finish the game.  If you've not had a groin injury, then you don't know what it's like to run with one.  We see the locker room aftermath, these players take a beating beyond your wildest dreams.  Fans are too harsh on injured players in a brutal sport
I don't think it's being too harsh. Yes it's a brutal game, yes players get injured. some just more than others.
I love Diggs, I just want him to stay healthy.
He has been hurt every year, usually after starting out with a bang.
If he can shake it off and play out the rest of the season, fine! If this bothers him from here out and he can't be the Diggs we all love to see play, then there is a problem.
With a groin, it seems those linger around.

DNP today...

We could really use him this week. He tore up the Packers at home last year.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
The guy gutted-out a groin injury to finish the game.  If you've not had a groin injury, then you don't know what it's like to run with one.  We see the locker room aftermath, these players take a beating beyond your wildest dreams.  Fans are too harsh on injured players in a brutal sport
Have had one and gutted it out for the rest of the season.  Still pay the price for running with it as it messed up my lower back.  So kudos to him for gutting it out, but it certainly is getting tiresome to see such talent only to have it disappear every year to injuries.  No slight to Diggs, but we need him healthy.
No doubt

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Tom Moore" said:
I don't think it's being too harsh. Yes it's a brutal game, yes players get injured. some just more than others.
I love Diggs, I just want him to stay healthy.
He has been hurt every year, usually after starting out with a bang.
If he can shake it off and play out the rest of the season, fine! If this bothers him from here out and he can't be the Diggs we all love to see play, then there is a problem.
With a groin, it seems those linger around.
True, but if he is unable to play, he can be comforted as having the same stars as Treadwell for that game...

The football gods hate The Vikings...

Teddy
Bradford
Cook
Now maybe Diggs...

I mean, WTF?

There's a reason he was a fifth-round pick, you know.  Staying healthy has been a problem for him for years.