Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford looks completely disinterested out there...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Tough crowd, he gave it a shot. Don't understand the pot-shots and snark. 
I was the only one to take a pot shot, but seriously...  If he was going to give us that type of performance, stay on the bench.  He didn't look fired up or confident from the opening snap.  If the knee hurts that bad, you shouldn't be on the field.  We almost lost that game because of how ineffective Bradford was in the first half...

Bradford is the Jeb! of the Viking QB group.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Tough crowd, he gave it a shot. Don't understand the pot-shots and snark. 
You should know it's a tough crowd. We are Vikings fans, we have to be tough. No pot shot or snark, just fact. And yes he gave it a shot but he might have been better off sitting it out. I just want him healthy, mentally and physically.

Was he out there because he wanted to be?  Is there some internal conflict on IF he should be ready?

I don't know what the situation is but he didn't really look like he was "locked in" for coming back this week to me.  If he doesn't feel like he's ready how does he end up under center?  I wonder if the trainers are saying one thing and Sam another and Zimmer is wondering WTF?

He wanted to play but he was not ready.  Jeez, he is competitive, that's why he wanted to be out there.

Bradford should have never been out there. Wrong choice by the staff. He's not ready mentally and his knee probably isn't either. 

Quote: @NodakViking said:
Was he out there because he wanted to be?  Is there some internal conflict on IF he should be ready?

I don't know what the situation is but he didn't really look like he was "locked in" for coming back this week to me.  If he doesn't feel like he's ready how does he end up under center?  I wonder if the trainers are saying one thing and Sam another and Zimmer is wondering WTF?
I kind of wonder what went on this whole week. As a competitor you have to figure Sam wants to be out there, but sometimes you have to listen to your body.

I think he gave it his best, sitting 3 weeks doesnt help timing and all of that, and when you dont trust your body it hard to get the job done.

Maybe he was on a little something for the pain and it had an effect on his play. He definitely seemed in a funk.

Of course most of the tough guys around here would have just manned up and played lights out with the same kind of injury.

Wow....  the guy has a painful injury,  tries to give it a go and gets ripped for his effort.  Sam is the better QB when healthy and is a tough competitor,  the defense was holding its own so what was the harm in playing him as long as he did?

Maybe he wasn't ready bit maybe he thought he could deal with it...maybe whatever he took for the pain had a negative affect on his head...we don't know what went down,  all we know was that we won on the road in Chicago.

Ugly win,  but any road win against a divisional foe is a good win.

He wasn't ready despite the excuses that Zimmer was making for him that he was and that he aggravated it with getting tackled. He didn't trust his knee from the opening snap. He was not following through, didn't want to put any weight on it, and was sailing all of his throws. I don't doubt that he made it worse by some of those tackles, but he was so scared of getting hit he was going down and taking a sack when he was barely touched. Here is another question. Why did he need to wear a knee brace if there was nothing structurally wrong with the knee and it's just a pain issue? I'm afraid that we are stuck with Keenum for several more weeks until Sam or Teddy is ready and who knows if that will happen this year. At some point, for the mental health of the team, you need to stick with Keenum and accept the results especially if Bradford is out for another 3-4 weeks. If Keenum is keeping us competitive and in the playoff race, leave Bradford as the backup once he is ready to return without being limited. If we beat the Packers at home next week, we will be tied for the division lead.  

Vikings' Sam Bradford had no business being on field against Bears
Sam Bradford should not have been on the field Monday night. Not like that, not in that condition.
He didn’t look healthy enough or sharp enough to be an effective quarterback, which was obvious from his first pass, which sailed over the head of Stefon Diggs. Typically, Bradford makes that throw in his sleep.
Bradford returned as the Vikings’ starting quarterback in a 20-17 victory against the Chicago Bears after missing three games because of a flare-up in his surgically repaired left knee. He was listed as questionable on the injury report.
Zimmer defended the decision to play Bradford, who finally was lifted late in the first half after aggravating his injury, according to Zimmer.
“We wouldn’t put him on the field if he wasn’t healthy enough to play,” Zimmer said. “He was very confident about it. He felt good about it. The medical people felt good about it. I don’t think there was any doubt whatsoever he was ready to play.”
Fine, but once Bradford reinjured himself on a sack, he should have been removed immediately. Instead, Zimmer stuck with him even when it became painfully apparent that Bradford could not protect himself.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-sam-b...450180283/