Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgwater could be back on practice field in one week...
It will be nice to see Teddy on the practice field again throwing to his teammates.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
It would be great if he could get up to speed quickly if Sam's knee continues to be an issue...Not sure how you split practice reps if go the QBs are healthy...
you don't, you cant... Not without splitting the locker room. 

Its Sam's job to lose, but I don't think we're there yet unless Bradford has another set-back. For all the questions around Sam's knee's they are 2x that for Ted.

Our hope as fans is that it becomes clear by the next offseason who to go with, but this is the Vikings - so it probably wont be. 

Teddy cant and shouldnt be considered a starting QB IMO,   he is not going to be competing with Sam for the starting job,  he will be competing with Case and new guy for the #2 spot and will be the backup if/when something were to happen to Sam. 

Starting QB competitions are for camp or in the extreme times of extended ineptitude at the starting spot after the season starts.  I dont expect to see Sam struggle for more than a couple quarters in a row at the most,  so it will take an injury for Teddy to see the field this year. (even though the first slow start or redzone pick by the O after Teddy is active will have some calling for him to play) 

I definitely think he should be practicing as much for the coaches to see where he is than anything.  We can always toll his contract to next year now.  Or it gives us leverage in contract negotiations.  As long as the mobility is the same in a contract I would roll with Teddy over Sam, younger both have health risks, the difference is Teddy could come in much, much less. I am thinking 12-13 mil per a year vs 18+ a year for Sam.  It is a gamble no doubt but it is worth the potential return.  If you can get a 5 year Contract with 0 dead money after year 3 I think it would be in our best interest.  We already have a project, this would make more sense especially if we like his long term potential.   If not draft another QB in the middle rounds as insurance. 

[Image: vmjaqtcdjvcw.jpeg]

I still believe he'll be QB by end of the year....going right into the playoffs.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I still believe he'll be QB by end of the year....going right into the playoffs.

Careful...  you can't say anything good about a QB unless it's Bradford.  This is known.  :-D

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@PurpleCrush said:

Careful...  you can't say anything good about a QB unless it's Bradford.  This is known.  :-D
I've got nothing against Bradford, but I get the feeling this knee issue is going to last a while. And while Keenum's been great, can he sustain it for a whole year?

And I'm no doctor, so I don't know if Teddy will even be ready, but the hope is he comes and shows he's good to go and solve our long term QB issue.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

I've got nothing against Bradford, but I get the feeling this knee issue is going to last a while. And while Keenum's been great, can he sustain it for a whole year?

And I'm no doctor, so I don't know if Teddy will even be ready, but the hope is he comes and shows he's good to go and solve our long term QB issue.
I was just messing with you, my man. 
I'm still in a bit of shock about this whole Bradford thing...  he lights it up Week 1, everyone is on Cloud 9...  then we find out he will be out with a mysterious knee injury...
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Teddy starts some games for us this season.  Bradford doesn't look close to returning if last night was any indication of where his knee at.  What a mess...

@PurpleCrush said:

I'm still in a bit of shock about this whole Bradford thing...  he lights it up Week 1, everyone is on Cloud 9...  then we find out he will be out with a mysterious knee injury...
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Teddy starts some games for us this season.  Bradford doesn't look close to returning if last night was any indication of where his knee at.  What a mess...

Oh it's all good Wet...I'm just trying my best to put a positive spin on things. With Cook out for the year and who knows what to make of Bradford, I gotta keep some hope alive for this year.

@PurpleCrush said:

I am more inclined to believe that Sam has a much larger issue that what we know of for sure.  his eyes last night were off,  now maybe that is the eyes of a guy that took a pain med that left him loopy for what ever reason,  or maybe that is the look of a guy that is scared that the game he loves might be taken away from him by his own bodies limitations.  either way,  Sam left a lot of doubt with me that he will be ready to play again anytime soon.