Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much Purple Koolaid?
Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@Vanguard83 said:
These three weeks are critical. We must pull 2 of the 3, or were fudged 

and it really needs to be the Lions and Packers.
And kick the Bears ass on the road for good measure.

God I hope the Vikings do get a rookie QB in his first start.... that is just a recipe for disaster IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
God I hope the Vikings do get a rookie QB in his first start.... that is just a recipe for disaster IMO.
Well, they have 11 days to prep him for the Vikings game. That should at least help him even if its only one game. 

Stafford is 27th in the NFL with a 6.34 yards per attempt and is dinking and dunking like Sam had to do all last year.  He did not have a good game last week vs Atlanta.  The defense with 3 Int's and a pick 6 is what kept the game close.  

I see the same old Stafford so far this year which is a guy who starts slow usually for a whole half.  His stats for the 3Q jump up and he usually gets his team back in games in the 3rd quarter but that is somewhat because he has put them behind with very average play for a half.  

We contained him in both of our games last year and he had less then 6 yards per attempts and about 85 QBR's.  Our offense and poor clock management handed the Lions both victories.  But I think Zimmer has learned from his mistakes and that our offense is much better this year.  

I think we win going away and with the late prevent stats and TD that make the game look closer then it was like the Saints/Buccs games.  

Agreed Minny.  I think Zimmer's D has Stafford's number.  He has been hit, harrassed and taken out of his game so often by us.  I think our defense will have a good plan.  We may bend a bit early as we figure out the offense, but will turn up the heat after a drive or 2.

Get Stafford rattled is one of the keys to the game. You get in his head and don't allow him to get into a rhythm, then you can dictate the pace. Those games against Detroit last year sucked. Being defeated by the clock killed. Pressure Stafford but don't play too far off the receivers. And of course the crowd noise could help and draw a few false starts. Keep their offense of the field as much as possible and don't let them sustain drives. Our offense needs time of possession and to move the chains. I am looking forward to this one. It's an important test.

Quote: @greediron said:
Agreed Minny.  I think Zimmer's D has Stafford's number.  He has been hit, harrassed and taken out of his game so often by us.  I think our defense will have a good plan.  We may bend a bit early as we figure out the offense, but will turn up the heat after a drive or 2.
He might have Stafford's number but didn't the Kitties sweep the Vikes last year?  It's going to take a whole team effort to win Sunday.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@greediron said:
He might have Stafford's number but didn't the Kitties sweep the Vikes last year?  It's going to take a whole team effort to win Sunday.
The at home loss was late in the season and the D seemed to by struggling/feeling hopeless/spent at that point.  As Minny said, the offense shot ourselves in the foot in both games IIRC.

Man this is good, looking forward to a game, the off-season is starting to wear off. 

Don't know who's thinking about printing playoff shirts,  overlooking the Lions and thinking this division  game is going to be a walk in the park, but there is plenty of evidence to indicate that this game is most likely a W for the Vikings.   Keenum lit up the lions last year, The Vikings defense was embarrassed last year and I'm very confident that they will make it known on Sunday that no team is going to come into USB stadium and embarrass them again.  The offensive line is giving the Viking Qb's time something that they did not have last year and given time The WR's are going to get open and if not the Lions have shown they are vulnerable to the RB catching a pass.  And blowing the doors off the Lions won't mean much either because going to Soldier field and facing the Packers the next two weeks will say more of where the Vikings are at.