Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 2022 Draft Class - How are they doing?
(6 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: I think I read where 7 of our 11 starters on defense are on 1 year contracts? ITs going to be a roster more skewed to FA's than say GB for a while.

KAM looks to be improving on draft day, but next year isnt the year where the team will get a lot younger, not with 2 or 3 picks.

Off the top of my head...  We just extended Phillips and Greenard, Van Ginkel, and Cashman were 2+ year deals.  Pace is only in the second year of his rookie deal.  Dallas Turner is a rookie.

But Gilmore, Murphy, and Shaq are all 1-yr deals.  Harrison Smith and Bynum are in the last year of their deals.  I think Bullard was one year.  Patrick Jones is in the last year not his rookie deal IIRC.  So yeah, our whole secondary and one of our four top pass rushers could all leave/retire next year.

Damn.  Why did you bring this up purplefaithful?  Lol

(2 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Off the top of my head...  We just extended Phillips and Greenard, Van Ginkel, and Cashman were 2+ year deals.  Pace is only in the second year of his rookie deal.  Dallas Turner is a rookie.

But Gilmore, Murphy, and Shaq are all 1-yr deals.  Harrison Smith and Bynum are in the last year of their deals.  I think Bullard was one year.  Patrick Jones is in the last year not his rookie deal IIRC.  So yeah, our whole secondary and one of our four top pass rushers could all leave/retire next year.

Damn.  Why did you bring this up purplefaithful?  Lol

Just keeping it real Wink

(2 hours ago)MAD GAINZ Wrote: But Gilmore, Murphy, and Shaq are all 1-yr deals.  Harrison Smith and Bynum are in the last year of their deals.  I think Bullard was one year.  Patrick Jones is in the last year not his rookie deal IIRC.  So yeah, our whole secondary and one of our four top pass rushers could all leave/retire next year.

Bynum is going to be a must sign, I think he loves it here and seems like a pretty loyal guy, he is going to get paid, but think he will want to make it work here and not shop highest bidder.  I do not think they would resign Murphy.  Gilmore and Shaq will be tough calls, I could see one of them coming back, we get Blackmon back next year and think CB will be a draft priority.  Hope to see McGlothern get some playing time at some point.  If Jones sack numbers continue to climb, think he is going to be in play for a decent pay day and will want to go somewhere where he will be a top guy.