Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zimsu talks...
(08-31-2024, 10:44 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I agree in theory; it's also interesting to look at where those 6 first rounder qb's went this past draft:

Defensive HC's: Caleb, Daniels, Maye and Penix
Offensive  HC's: Nix & JJM

Fair enough. Mayo is 38 and Eberflus is 54. It might be a good opportunity for Zimmer to help his reputation, especially with Kendricks standing up for him now. Who knows. Time will tell. It will be interesting to see how Williams and Maye develop.

Zimmer kinda said it all with his first major point of pride being the #1 defense, because...when he had to focus away from that, his weaknesses got very obvious.

He can blame Cousins' pay all he wants, but none of the CBs he drafted amounted to jack s***. Waynes, Hughes, Hand, etc...plus his stubborn insistence on starting Breeland despite him costing us tons of scores/yards and being rated the worst CB in the league.

He caught some lightning in a bottle, but I wonder if Frazier's remaining influence didn't have as much to do with it as Zimmer's coaching did.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I was and am a Zimmer fan. Was it time to move on, yeah probably, but he did some really good things in Minnesota and I can't think of a more snakebitten coach. It really makes you wonder if Bridgewater never wrecked his leg, what could have been? I'm guessing the Zimmer narrative probably changes alot with fans. The rift in the Cousins signing never happens, we retain more of the key guys on defense, and Kellen Mond pick (which was the deal breaker with Spielman), also never happens. As Viking fans we know sometimes the fates don't smile upon you and that was certainly the case with Zimmer. I'd probably be a bit red ass'd too
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(08-31-2024, 10:01 AM)JR44 Wrote: I really like Zimmer, he is a football guy.  One of my favorite teams was the year we had to play outside for all our home games at UM.  Teddy's first year starting and Barr/Kendricks really came into their own that year.  It was a special team that felt really close, remember they would post pics every week of their donut club.  There was a lot of team unity and so many stories of how loved Teddy was and how he elevated the play of his teammates.  We won the division, played one of the coldest playoff games in NFL history against an experienced Seahawks team and had a great game winning drive to win the game only to have a fluke miss take it away. We came back to camp the next season headed into a new stadium as a Super Bowl favorite until a brutal injury to Teddy really changed the course of the team and was a pivotal point in Zimmer's tenure.  The Cowboys are one of my least favorite teams by far, but I will be rooting for Zimmer.

Me too.  Zim was a football coach.  The Viking curse conspired against him.  

To me it sez a lot that Kendricks would come back specifically to play for him.  After what he said, he then had to play without Zim as his DC and saw what a difference it was.  It is easy to criticize when things don't go well, but Zim was the only NFL coach he knew.  Now he returns to play for the coach that made him a star.

Willkommen back Greed...

Just in time for some football
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Zim seems a tad bitter…  Cool Angel
[-] The following 4 users Like Kentis's post:

(08-31-2024, 01:37 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I was and am a Zimmer fan. Was it time to move on, yeah probably, but he did some really good things in Minnesota and I can't think of a more snakebitten coach. It really makes you wonder if Bridgewater never wrecked his leg, what could have been? I'm guessing the Zimmer narrative probably changes alot with fans. The rift in the Cousins signing never happens, we retain more of the key guys on defense, and Kellen Mond pick (which was the deal breaker with Spielman), also never happens. As Viking fans we know sometimes the fates don't smile upon you and that was certainly the case with Zimmer. I'd probably be a bit red ass'd too

I like Zim too, and have no issue with anything he said. He’s earned the right to say what he wants. I was chuckling today reading the quotes.

Zim absolutely got dealt a bad hand at times, but that’s life. Everyone everywhere works with people they don’t love, but most are grownups about it. Oh well, just classic Zim. I wish him the best and I’m glad the Vikes moved on. They could have done it a year earlier and still been justified.

(08-31-2024, 12:54 PM)Zanary Wrote: Zimmer kinda said it all with his first major point of pride being the #1 defense, because...when he had to focus away from that, his weaknesses got very obvious.

He can blame Cousins' pay all he wants, but none of the CBs he drafted amounted to jack s***. Waynes, Hughes, Hand, etc...plus his stubborn insistence on starting Breeland despite him costing us tons of scores/yards and being rated the worst CB in the league.

He caught some lightning in a bottle, but I wonder if Frazier's remaining influence didn't have as much to do with it as Zimmer's coaching did.

Frazier's last defense was the worst in the NFL and worst Vikings defense all-time.  Let's not pretend that Zimmer wasn't a defensive guru.  He was and still is. 

I'm not going to hate on Zimmer, I liked him and still do.  I'm not a fan of his grudge holding.  Definitely think that had the biggest impact on his ability to go from a good HC to a great one.  

I think Dallas will have a stronger defense under Zim than they did under Quinn.  He has a bunch of guys to work with there.

So....

No accountability
Throwing players under bus again (i.e. Boyd)
Didnt even say goodbye to the players (its their fault he was fired)
Walks out during the draft

C yah...
[-] The following 4 users Like purplefaithful's post:

So he got fired and is miffed about it. I suspect most people would be.
So he has character flaws. Every coach does.
I don't agree with this old school new school crap. Zimmer gave his best to the Vikings and it wasn't good enough.
Failed head coach. It's a common tale.
I wish him well. But rehashing Zimmer's beef with anything is a waste of time. I do feel for him given all of his personal losses.