Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X.R.
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Rhodes went ‘too far’
Cornerback Xavier Rhodes has now held two of the NFL’s best receivers, Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown, to 67 and 62 yards, respectively, without a touchdown to either. But Rhodes said he went “too far” at one point in Sunday’s win, when he was flagged for taunting Evans after Trae Waynes intercepted Jameis Winston.
“It was just heat of the moment, heat of the battle,” Rhodes said. “One of those moments you’re out there fighting for your teammates. You and your opponent going at it, went too far.”
For as good as he is, he is pretty humble. 
well his humility cost us 15 on sunday,  but its good to see a little fire once in a while.  it lets the opposition know that he isnt a punk bitch.  however i dont want to see it again anytime soon as those little things can swing momentum so fast.   when things are going good these guys have to keep their heads and their composure and just keep walking the walk and let their results talk the talk.
Haha, not that moment, just his approach to all the attention he is getting.  He admitted his mistake, knew what it was.  But I like our corners, quiet but effective.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Rhodes went ‘too far’
Cornerback Xavier Rhodes has now held two of the NFL’s best receivers, Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans and Pittsburgh’s Antonio Brown, to 67 and 62 yards, respectively, without a touchdown to either. But Rhodes said he went “too far” at one point in Sunday’s win, when he was flagged for taunting Evans after Trae Waynes intercepted Jameis Winston.
“It was just heat of the moment, heat of the battle,” Rhodes said. “One of those moments you’re out there fighting for your teammates. You and your opponent going at it, went too far.”
For as good as he is, he is pretty humble. 
well his humility cost us 15 on sunday,  but its good to see a little fire once in a while.  it lets the opposition know that he isnt a punk bitch.  however i dont want to see it again anytime soon as those little things can swing momentum so fast.   when things are going good these guys have to keep their heads and their composure and just keep walking the walk and let their results talk the talk.
Agree, someone needs to calm Digg's down.
I agree,  I noticed that 2 years ago as a rookie that I thought if he really broke out that we might have a horrible combination of diva and hot head on our hands.  however I think he is more down to earth that I initially thought and he seems to be keeping his emotions better in-check as well.

Expect Delays For The Next 3 Hours, Rhodes Closed...

I agree,  I noticed that 2 years ago as a rookie that I thought if he really broke out that we might have a horrible combination of diva and hot head on our hands.  however I think he is more down to earth that I initially thought and he seems to be keeping his emotions better in-check as well.
I thought for sure he was going to head down the Diva
path.  I’m not sure but I think Thielen outperforming
him last year might have checked his ego a little bit.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:

or perhaps just hanging with AT and his small town attitude has made a difference.  IMO it would be hard to act like you are above shit all the time.  at some point when you see people being normal people wouldnt you want to come down and join them?

EDIT:  or more likely I just had him perceived wrong from the start.  He was highly recruited by bama and others and chose to stay in maryland to be closer to his family right... maybe i was just looking at him with a jaded eye?

@medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:

or perhaps just hanging with AT and his small town attitude has made a difference.  IMO it would be hard to act like you are above shit all the time.  at some point when you see people being normal people wouldnt you want to come down and join them?
Rhodes made a comment about Diggs in his post game interview.  He was asked about going against Diggs in practice.  He said that he is a fierce competitor, will never quit.  So part of it is that, but the showboating is getting old.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Rhodes made a comment about Diggs in his post game interview.  He was asked about going against Diggs in practice.  He said that he is a fierce competitor, will never quit.  So part of it is that, but the showboating is getting old.
I wasnt real impressed with the strut into the endzone and then about getting tackled short,  but the rest of the time Im not seeing much to get worked up over.

I wasnt real impressed with the strut into the endzone and then about getting tackled short,  but the rest of the time Im not seeing much to get worked up over.
Diggs also was interviewed and asked about that (by Rich Eisen I think) and he said Zimmer had some words to live by for him after that.  So it sounds like Diggs won't be repeating that.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:

He is a Diva...And I'm cool with that. WR's around here have sucked asz for too long. Diggs brings fire, but he needs to mature and cool down on the punk bullshit. 

He's the closest thing I've seen to Steve Smith since, well Steve Smith. 

kinda sending a mixed message there P, punk bullshit is exactly what you are going to get with the Diva attitude that you are OK with.  I am perfectly fine with the first down thing he does... as long as he doesnt do it when we are getting our asses kicked and somebody gives up a first down in a prevent D... 

I dont really see a steve smith at all,  smith in his prime played a very very physical game,  Diggs is nothing like that IMO.