Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vikings sign Rypien, waive Hall
(08-29-2024, 10:08 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Well, I was waiting for a big move...

And still waiting...

(08-29-2024, 10:59 AM)PurplePastor Wrote: And still waiting...

I think the Vikings are done. This is it. Getting Gilmore was the last big swing for 2024, and that was pure necessity. Totally fine with it all, keep those eyeballs on 2025 where they belong.

Hall made the 53 but probably isn't healthy enough to be a back up in game one. Only thing that makes sense to me. He won't likely get poached. I expect him to be back on the 53 when healthy and Rypien to be gone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

Not really sure what this exactly means, but, lol....

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34m
Kevin O'Connell said he still believes Jaren Hall will be here "for a long-term process." Adding Brett Rypien as QB3 gives them a better "short-term" outlook "knowing what we went through" in starting four QBs last season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-29-2024, 12:09 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Not really sure what this exactly means, but, lol....

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34m
Kevin O'Connell said he still believes Jaren Hall will be here "for a long-term process." Adding Brett Rypien as QB3 gives them a better "short-term" outlook "knowing what we went through" in starting four QBs last season.

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't try to parse KOC word salad, it's a waste of time. There's a Rams connection to Rypien - maybe KOC just wants his comfort zone guys. Not sure how this fits with his alleged ability to develop qb's.

If Sam Darnold plays like he always has we are bottom-5 qb room in this league. Not that Hall would have made any difference, but if I have to watch the team suck I'd rather watch a young kid trying to make something of himself than journeyman garbage haulers like Darnold, Mullens and Rypien. But whatever, the third guy isn't getting on the field unless the first two guys are injured anyway.

I dont think Hall would be ready to step-in soon due to the leg injury.

KOC still suffering from PTSD from the QB Carousel in 23.

(08-29-2024, 11:05 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I think the Vikings are done. This is it. Getting Gilmore was the last big swing for 2024, and that was pure necessity. Totally fine with it all, keep those eyeballs on 2025 where they belong.

Agreed...

We're going to roll with what we got. 

Lots of unknowns going into this season, more than I can remember for a while. 

Hope 24 is a blast for SKOL Nation.

(08-29-2024, 12:09 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Not really sure what this exactly means, but, lol....

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34m

Like if they want to have 4 QBs on the roster/practice squad, I’m all for that plan.  That said, I still think it’s a risk to have a promising QB on the practice squad with how easy it is to poach a player.  I’m not sure that I agree that Rypien gives them a “better short term outlook” than Hall, but I think they might be forced to add Rypien to the active roster, and the only way to get him on the roster is to send Hall to practice squad.

Is Mullens getting shopped around?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Norse's post:

We have our QB of the future in JJM, so they may have been thinking they did not need another developmental QB, however, let's say Hall has to play for some reason and does well, then we would have a potential valuable trade chip. Think there is more value with Hall. I do not see in 2024 what Rypien brings to us that we do not have in Mullens/Hall.

(08-29-2024, 12:58 PM)medaille Wrote: Like if they want to have 4 QBs on the roster/practice squad, I’m all for that plan.  That said, I still think it’s a risk to have a promising QB on the practice squad with how easy it is to poach a player.  I’m not sure that I agree that Rypien gives them a “better short term outlook” than Hall, but I think they might be forced to add Rypien to the active roster, and the only way to get him on the roster is to send Hall to practice squad.

Any team poaching him would have to immediately put him on the 53 man roster, is he really promising enough that a team is going to cut an active player to add a third string QB? Lets be real, prior to the last two weeks the majority of fans wouldn't have given a flying fart about him being cut. He has a few good preseason games against scrubs and he's the next training camp superstar. That said, I'm not advocating for him needing to go or that I like the move. But the handwringing over a backups backup has been interesting to say the least.
[-] The following 2 users Like bigbone62's post: