Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Squad signings thread
(08-28-2024, 02:19 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: They signed McBride after all

The Minnesota Vikings have officially set their practice squad. The 17 members of it are listed below.

OL Henry Byrd
Edge Andre Carter II
LB Dallas Gant
RB Myles Gaskin
TE N’Keal Harry
WR Lucky Jackson
WR Jeshaun Jones
RB DeWayne McBride
DB Bobby McCain
TE Sammis Reyes
Edge Bo Richter
OL Tyrese Robinson
WR Thayer Thomas
TE Robert Tonyan
CB Jaylin Williams
DL Jonah Williams
CB Nahshon Wright
The team gets an exception for Reyes because he is part of the International Player Pathway program and does not count against their 16-player allotment for the practice squad.

Same group they released on cutdowns, they must like that group. Alright, let's get ready for football Sunday.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Sort of surprised they didn't make any waiver claims, or maybe they did and lost their claim to a higher seeded team. Anyway like Stickier said they must like the guys they cut and then resigned so now it's on to the G-Men.

Glad to see that Dallas Gant was added. He wasn’t on the initial list of 12. I was getting a little anxious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

So, all we really lost at this point is Kene who I think we were okay with losing. Gaskin could be depended upon to play all phases of the game in an emergency situation than Kene, so I think we were fine with this approach knowing Ham can even be our 3rd guy in a game with two other RB's dinged up in game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

Packers released K Greg Joseph.

(08-28-2024, 02:50 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Packers released K Greg Joseph.

Yesterday they released Carlson in favor of Joseph.  They must have found somebody on the waiver wire they liked better.  I was looking forward to watching Joseph trot out onto the field for a potential game winning field goal and shanking it.

(08-28-2024, 03:07 PM)Greylock Wrote: Yesterday they released Carlson in favor of Joseph.  They must have found somebody on the waiver wire they liked better.  I was looking forward to watching Joseph trot out onto the field for a potential game winning field goal and shanking it.

They picked up Brayden Narveson, a rookie kicker that had a good preseason with the Titans including hitting a 59 yard FG.  Hit every extra point in college.  Carlson didn't do that in most games.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports...974334007/

Looks like the team must have soured on Jaquelin Roy…  Angel

Really glad we were able to keep Gant, Richter, Robinson, Carter and Gaskin. One of our stronger practice squads that I can remember, I would not be surprised to see a number of guys on that list end up being key contributors this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

I wasn’t if they were signing McBride or not. I thought they would go looking for another running back off of waivers.
Our roster sure has changed in the last 3 years. Next couple years I guess we will see if it pays off.