Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 2024 Season Prediction
Sticking with 6-11 but hoping to be surprised. That first 5 weeks is absolutely brutal with an away game to start the season and a trip to London mixed in. Home vs SF and Hou (Two Playoff teams) and at Green Bay. If we're insanely lucky we're 2-3, but most likely 0-5 or 1-4.

Then out of London and the bye 4 out of 6 on the road vs 4 more playoff caliber teams. This is likely a 2-4 stretch of games putting us at 2-9 or 3-8.

4 out of the last 6 games are at home vs some beatable teams. We could be in the McCarthy era by then...who knows. I could see 4-2 out of the last 6 with momentum into next year.

I think the 6.5 wins by vegas is pretty damn accurate. I think the difference between 6 or 7 wins is whether or not we get a win in the first 5 games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CFIAvike's post:

Well last season I was banned on another site for predicting a pretty accurate season. Here was my prediction:

" 13 wins last season was wasted away by the DC. Unless the defense is 10 times better I doubt we win 9 games. Our chance was last season and gutless coaching wasted it. You will see how difficult getting to 9 next season will be. I am so sure of this that I am not even going to waste my time and watch unless by some chance we make the playoffs."

This season the expert prognosticators are leaving out a few intangibles and I say we win at least 9.
We are better at QB, RB, and WR (because JJ missed 7 games) Also I think our coaching staff has improved.

I think we will run the ball much better and stop the run on d. Our middle LB’s are fast and furious. We are much more balanced at OLB as well.

If Darnold is mid pack Qb, 10 or 11 wins.

If he sucks, 5 wins. Who is going to play better? No one on this roster short of a JJ miracle.

11-6 and play-off bound with JJ healthy all season and Sam Arnold not be a TO machine. With JJ out for any extended length and Sam being, well, vintage Sam in NFL, down to expectations at 7-10.

7 wins feels about right to me. The start of the season is brutal, and the NFC North might be the best division in football top to bottom. I'm not confident in Darnold behind a line that can still get worked on the interior. Hockensen probably doesn't round into form until mid season at the earliest. I think we have some nice pieces on defense but not sure where the upgrades are? Are Greenard/Turner better than Hunter/Wonnum or is Cashman better than Hicks? Younger, yes, but better...remains to be seen IMO.

I honestly don't expect much this year but as long as the trajectory is pointing up at the end of the season and our young players are rounding into form...I'm good with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

Some mentioned the possibility of Addison getting suspended for the start of the season. I don't think the NFL will move that fast. Other than 3rd WR and waiting for Hock, I think this team is better than last year everywhere but QB. Unfortunately, I have zero trust in Darnold, and I think KOC is willing to let Sam tank the season to "protect" JJM. I see 7-10 if Darnold starts all year.

(07-23-2024, 02:19 PM)FLVike Wrote: Well last season I was banned on another site for predicting a pretty accurate season. Here was my prediction:

" 13 wins last season was wasted away by the DC. Unless the defense is 10 times better I doubt we win 9 games. Our chance was last season and gutless coaching wasted it. You will see how difficult getting to 9 next season will be. I am so sure of this that I am not even going to waste my time and watch unless by some chance we make the playoffs."

This season the expert prognosticators are leaving out a few intangibles and I say we win at least 9.
We are better at QB, RB, and WR (because JJ missed 7 games) Also I think our coaching staff has improved.

Look, I know you're a Cousins hater, but to say we're better at QB is just silly.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Unless Sam Darnold somehow does things he's never been able to do before, I think it's a 6 win team max. Even a big improvement from him wouldn't move the needle past 8-9 wins IMHO.

Yea, I see us with a win at home vs GB at the tail-end of the season getting us to 8 wins. We split with Bears and Pack and go 0-2 vs Lions.

Our weaknesses are carrying over from last year - both D and Off interior lines and now add the most important position QB.

I'm also concerned about Hockenson coming back near 90%. Then you add if Addison can repeat his rookie performance which is not a given even when he comes off suspension.

There are major holes and roster concerns like most years.

It will be fun to watch the build up to the next season when we will have so much Cap space to answer most/all of the holes and to see if JJ is ready!

(07-24-2024, 07:24 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Look, I know you're a Cousins hater, but to say we're better at QB is just silly.

I am not and never was a Cousins hater, I'm just not a lover.
For me there is more involved than counting stats. Last season He lost the first 3 games against the Bucs, Eagles, and chargers, and then barely beat the Panthers. Lost to the Chiefs and then won three in a row verse the Bears, 49ers, and packers. That's 4-4 against a pretty tough schedule. Now I know there are more than one person on the team but the QB gets big money to deliver and he didn't in 4 games.
 This season I believe our first 8 games are even tougher. So we will see if the QB position is better or not very soon.