Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Remmers, you little minx...
Quote: @ATXVIKE said:
 And here I go again starting to get the "I BELIEVE" bug. 

Don't do it...

Read my sig; that's 40+ years of fandom scars. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
Remmers is going to get exposed at times, it inevitable...But yah - lets give credit where it's due. The whole OL did well, I didnt see McCoy wrecking havoc yesterday. A testament to the interior guys too. 
I didnt watch super close,  but I think much of the success on McCoy goes to the game plan and the early success of both the O and the D.  We werent forced to become 1 dimensional and they did a nice job of playing with the pocket on the pass plays so McCoy couldnt just pin his ears back and attack a certain place where the QB was going to be if it was a pass.  I am really happy to see our O look legit for 2 of our first 3 games.
McCoy is a damn good player - he was nursing a bum ankle yesterday. I think it was carryover from game 2. 

our OL still has a ways to go, but its better than last year. our skill players (AT19, Diggs, & Cook) are all also legit too. 

Reiff >>> khalil/clemmings
Easton < but improving to boone
elflien > berger
berger > fusco
remmers > clemmings/harris

Let's settle down... The Bucs were playing minus 5 defensive players with flu or injury. If anyone thinks we make the Lions look as hapless as the Bucs this past weekend, there's going to be a lot of trips to Best Buy next Monday...

Kinda expecting a real charged up team...at least really hoping to have a home crowd that helps. I'm gonna be at the game. Please give me some peeps to meet up with! Me and my lady friend would love to meet any of you. Any directions are appreciated.

Remmers will hold up fine versus average to below average talent and that's what he went up against with the Bucs on Sunday.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Remmers will hold up fine versus average to below average talent and that's what he went up against with the Bucs on Sunday.
Spot on. 

Average is a huge improvement and all most of were expecting, I'll take it.  Sunday he was above average and so far this season RT has not been the weak link of a good OL.  LG/Easton is the weak link.

So far, Spelly's tackle approach has worked.  The draft was bare for Tackles and free agency consisted of a very high demand vs very low supply of both Tackle positions.  He was able to land two average Tackles that have a healthy track record.  

IMO - as I said before FA and draft, the Tackle market is approaching QB levels on the Left side.  You have a handful of very good, then a group of about 15 average and then 10-12 that are not god at all.  I say 20 out of 32 teams have even average LT's.  I am happy that we went from one of the worst/injured in Kalil to at least average and maybe better.  Reiff has been better then average so far.  BTW - Hill seems like very good LT depth.

We all expected an OL rebuild to take a couple years and it will to get real good but I'll take this jump up in play every year.  With Berger retiring we might need two Guards which are much easier to find then Tackles, in the draft and free agency.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Average is a huge improvement and all most of were expecting, I'll take it.  Sunday he was above average and so far this season RT has not been the weak link of a good OL.  LG/Easton is the weak link.

So far, Spelly's tackle approach has worked.  The draft was bare for Tackles and free agency consisted of a very high demand vs very low supply of both Tackle positions.  He was able to land two average Tackles that have a healthy track record.  

IMO - as I said before FA and draft, the Tackle market is approaching QB levels on the Left side.  You have a handful of very good, then a group of about 15 average and then 10-12 that are not god at all.  I say 20 out of 32 teams have even average LT's.  I am happy that we went from one of the worst/injured in Kalil to at least average and maybe better.  Reiff has been better then average so far.  BTW - Hill seems like very good LT depth.

We all expected an OL rebuild to take a couple years and it will to get real good but I'll take this jump up in play every year.  With Berger retiring we might need two Guards which are much easier to find then Tackles, in the draft and free agency.
While we are better than last year, we can't afford to stand pat with what we have in Remmers. He was clearly a stopgap signing. Will be interesting to see if Isadora develops into a starter when Berger leaves. Regardless, we have to continue to put a higher emphasis on our o-line in next year's draft. Elflein is the only guy I see that has a 10 yr. career ahead of him with no worries. 

I am not worried about guards.  Sirles, Isisdora, and others can be found relatively easy.  we need to draft OT until we have 2 solid starters and at least 1 swing man or 2 OT/G combos that can step in and play at least average.  maybe we are already there with Reiff, Hill, Collins and Sirles?