Led Zepplin
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Allman Brothers
Greatful Dead
Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings
The Eagles

Holy Crap!

Thats a who's who list right there!

Probably seen Lynyrd Skynyrd the most (b4 plane tragedy)
Seen the Grateful Dead a bunch
The Band
Marshall Tucker

But my favorite???
Jonny Winter
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Haven't been to a lot but the ones that made the biggest impact:
1996: Styx with Kansas opening. Mankato MN.  I was really there for Kansas, only Styx album I had was Grand Illusion. Kansas rocked, my glasses flew off during "Carry On Wayward Son", and then it was time for Styx.  Dennis DeYoung comes out crooning "Tonight's the night we'll make history..." and then flips the switch at "here at the Para-DIIIIIIIIISSSSEEEEE". Curtain up, lights up, band BOOM into "Rockin The Paradise" and my jaw is on the floor.

2002: Rush West Palm Beach FL. I'd been a Rush fan for a decade+ but this was the first time seeing them live. All the songs I already loved were even better. Natural Science was incredible.

2007 Rush West Palm Beach again.  How do you make a Rush concert even better? Get a 4th row seat in front of Alex Lifeson  Cool  Between The Wheels and Workin Them Angels went to another level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post:

Tiffany at the Bergen Mall in 1987.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Ancient history time...

1981 Pretenders, Rolling Stones
1982, 83 The Police 3 times, Eric Clapton, Lou Reed
1984 Springsteen at St. Paul Civic Ctr-I wasn't even a huge fan but he was amazing, Van Halen, Yes, Genesis all at the same venue.
1985 Elvis Costello at the Orpheum Mpls. Maybe the best show I ever saw. Grateful Dead on the beach at Ventura CA the day of live aid.
Stones Bridges To Babylon at the Metrodome was maybe the only stadium show I ever thought highly of. Top notch special effects. I didn't see a lot of those but usually bad sound and being a mile away was not worth the price of admission.

Many 80s shows at First Ave and other clubs, national and local acts. Was a huge Meat Puppets fan and saw them about 6-7 times. Saw them open for Violent Femmes at the Warfield San Fran 91 or 92, great show by both bands.

There were lots of others, I still have all the ticket stubs in a box somewhere. Also lots of folk, blues and jazz shows by people you mostly never heard of and some you probably did.

Also saw Steely Dan about 7-8 times early 2000's in Chicago and NYC, always excellent. Aja Album gig Chicago 2009 was one of the best shows I've ever seen, egged on by a totally into it crowd.

I was still going to smaller shows up until about 10 years ago, since then not much interests me.
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

(05-08-2024, 04:08 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: I want to go see a concert and experience the Sphere so bad. I've seen clips of the U2 shows and most recently Phish...what an experience. Very cool you got to see that. I see Dead and Company is playing there next.

I took my kids, who think U2 is about the uncoolest band ever and they were slackjawed the whole time. I'm not a Phish fan, but from the clips I've seen, their visuals were even more mind blowing. U2's visual direction tied together thematically, and they purposefully held back on some visuals because they were worried people would be falling over or getting sick. Phish clearly felt no such restraint and chose to just blow their audience's (likely altered) minds.  And the audio? 167,000 speakers. The whole building is one big speaker. It's as close to perfection as you'll ever hear.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Seen Foo Fighters twice…and a third coming in July at Target Field. Unequivocally the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. They sound great, they play forever, they’re fun. Just a phenomenal show.

Chris Stapleton is the single greatest vocal performance I’ve ever heard live. It’s almost impossible to sound better live than a studio recording, but somehow he does it. It’s unreal to experience it.

Live music is almost religion to me. I don’t think I’ve been to a show that I walked away from truly disappointed.

KISS was the first real concert I attended when I was 18 and that was quite the spectacle. I’ve been to dozens of shows in the years since. I’ve probably seen REO Speedwagon 6-7 times (always the opener…never as a headliner ?).

Recently I’ve gotten to cross a bunch of my high school/college 90’s bands off my bucket list: Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Collective Soul, Alanis, and Gin Blossoms to name a few. I get to cross Bush off my list later this summer.

State Theater, 1978 + some good hallucinogens = quite a show!  Cool Angel
[-] The following 3 users Like Kentis's post:

Prince x8 and he was amazing every single time.
U2, Depeche Mode, INXS, The Cure, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, REM 
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Lollapalooza 
1991 Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Living Colour, Nine Inch Nails, Ice T and Body Count, 
1992 Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Cypress Hill, House of Pain, Stone Temple Pilots
Queen at Wembley Stadium during Live Aid (that whole concert was absolutely phenomenal)
Nine Inch Nails
David Bowie multiple times 
Ultra Music Festival (Skrillex, Avicii, Fatboy Slim)
Peter Gabriel
Kate Bush
George Michael 
Paramore
[-] The following 3 users Like Vikergirl's post:

(05-09-2024, 07:14 AM)comet52 Wrote: Also saw Steely Dan about 7-8 times early 2000's in Chicago and NYC, always excellent.  Aja Album gig Chicago 2009 was one of the best shows I've ever seen, egged on by a totally into it crowd. 

Steely Dan was at their peak in the late 70s and early 80s. But this was the time of punk and new wave and I was much more into the Clash and Elvis Costello. But their sound always struck my teenage ears as something that I should pay more attention to. It was just completely different from everything else at the time. 

With the benefit of time, their music stands out even more now. I've since seen a few documentaries on their writing and recording process for Aja and other records. They used only the very best session musicians and would spend months getting the right backing vocal or drum sound. And in that way, it was the opposite of punk rock. But it SOUNDED spectacular. Steely Dan turned me into an audiophile. To this day, when I'm testing headphones or speakers, I put on Steely Dan. 

The word "genius" is used too often in music, but Walter Becker and Donald Fagan were geniuses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(05-09-2024, 09:19 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: Prince x8 and he was amazing every single time.
U2, Depeche Mode, INXS, The Cure, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, REM 
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Lollapalooza 
1991 Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Living Colour, Nine Inch Nails, Ice T and Body Count, 
1992 Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ministry, Ice Cube, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Cypress Hill, House of Pain, Stone Temple Pilots
Queen at Wembley Stadium during Live Aid (that whole concert was absolutely phenomenal)
Nine Inch Nails
David Bowie multiple times 
Ultra Music Festival (Skrillex, Avicii, Fatboy Slim)
Peter Gabriel
Kate Bush
George Michael 
Paramore

Lots of good stuff here. I'm going to be seeing Pearl Jam next week
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post: