Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Day 3
Wink 
I hope we go IOL or IDL

Two IOL remaining that some have ranked pretty high.  I personally have no clue.

70. Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia — 6-3, 310, Senior

Broad, powerful and surprisingly quick, the SEC's reigning Jacobs Blocking Trophy Award winner has the look of a plug-and-play starting center and potential Day 2 steal.

90. Sataoa Laumea, OG, Utah — 6-4, 319, Senior

Teams looking for more of a sure thing than upside will value Laumea, a four-year starter with the size, athleticism and experience to play virtually anywhere on the offensive line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes minny65's post:

I’m guessing the Oregon DL based on the draft visits and history.  Dorlus.

I forgot how cringy the player announcements were on day 3. I'm sure we'll have a baboon announcing a pick announcement from a random zoo at some point today.

Per the rankings of the best players remaining from NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, there are 20 top-100 prospects still on the board for teams:

Texas OT Christian Jones (No. 55 overall)
Oregon DT Brandon Dorlus (No. 65 overall)
Arizona TE Tanner McLachlan (No. 68 overall)
Texas TE Ja'Tavion Sanders (No. 70 overall)
Colorado State EDGE Mohamed Kamara (No. 71 overall)
Missouri CB Kris Abrams-Draine (No. 72 overall)
North Carolina LB Cedric Gray (No. 75 overall)
Oregon WR Troy Franklin (No. 76 overall)
Washington State S Jaden Hicks (No. 78 overall)
Kentucky RB Ray Davis (No. 81 overall)
Penn State TE Theo Johnson (No. 82 overall)
TCU TE Jared Wiley (No. 83 overall)
Iowa State CB T.J. Tampa (No. 84 overall)
TCU CB Josh Newton (No. 85 overall)
South Carolina QB Spencer Rattler (No. 89 overall)
Clemson RB Will Shipley (No. 92 overall)
North Carolina WR Devontez Walker (No. 93 overall)
Virginia WR Malik Washington (No. 94 overall)
Tennessee RB Jaylen Wright (No. 95 overall)
Washington S Dominique Hampton (No. 97 overall)

Was hoping to see Cedric Gray in purple.

Dorlus still there and some good IOL

very tall CB

61. Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon — 6-4, 194, Senior

An Alabama transfer who immediately took over as the leader of Oregon's secondary, the long-armed Jackson is among the most intriguing press corners of this class
[-] The following 1 user Likes minny65's post:

Interesting pick. Tall corner, former Alabama player. Throw him into the mix at corner;

Murphy
Booth
Evans
Blackmon
Griffin
Jackson
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

Short bio on Jackson from NFL. History at Bama was not very productive. Excellent year in 2023

2021 (Alabama): Played in 12 games as a reserve (7 tackles, 2 PBUs).
2022 (Alabama): Played in 9 games with 1 start (7 tackles, TFL). Suspended in November for undisclosed reasons, entered the transfer portal.
2023: First-team All-Pac-12 Conference. Started 12 games (34 tackles, 5 TFL with 2 sacks, 3 INTs, 7 PBUs). Missed the Fiesta Bowl with a lower-body injury.

I still have concerns about the interior along both lines and I don't see us getting much help in those areas with the picks we have left. I'm hoping at the very least we bring back Dalton Risner after the draft to solidify the left guard spot. Interior defensive like is just going to be a weak spot for us and hopefully we can address that area next year.
[-] The following 3 users Like supafreak84's post:

Vikings seemed pretty elated with the Jackson pick at 108. Big, toolsy gut who didn't spend enough time at any one location to put together a top resume, but he stood out at the Senior Bowl, which is a very good sign. If he gives us what pick 102 gave us last year (Blackmon), I'll be happy.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post: