Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Smith restructures contract
Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Glad to have Harry back.  But it also screams that they still don't trust Cine to walk out of the tunnel without a chaperone.

Cine = BUST

Like Aaron Jones, Harry is not a stupid man. He doesn't deny his age and value and disrupt his life waiting all offseason to get a few pounds of silver more. 

Nice for the Hitman to have a final year to get some love from the fans. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
If Browner didn't drop off so suddenly, I'd still say he was the #1 safety the Vikes ever had.  Because he did, Dirty Harry is #1 on my list.  The dude can just flat out play - Skol to Harry!
Paul Krause on line 3 for you.
Krause wasn't a blitzer or a hitter.  He played center field very well and caught a ton of lobbed up balls from opposing QBs getting mauled by the Purple People Eaters.  His game was way different than Browner and Harry.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
If Browner didn't drop off so suddenly, I'd still say he was the #1 safety the Vikes ever had.  Because he did, Dirty Harry is #1 on my list.  The dude can just flat out play - Skol to Harry!
Krause wasn't a blitzer or a hitter.  He played center field very well and caught a ton of lobbed up balls from opposing QBs getting mauled by the Purple People Eaters.  He game was way different than Browner and Harry.
Totally agree. Krause was the major beneficiary of the Purple People Eaters destroying offensive lines. Watch a decent portion of his INTs and they are ridiculously easy softball catches.

I like the sentiment from @Stickybun...Good way for Hitman to have a farewell season. Hope its not a shitshow record wise. 

Krause, Browner, Harry....

All from different eras and played the game differently. 

S doesnt get the adoration as a position from Vikings fans the way WR or DT's do. Some good players there for us. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Krause wasn't a blitzer or a hitter.  He played center field very well and caught a ton of lobbed up balls from opposing QBs getting mauled by the Purple People Eaters.  He game was way different than Browner and Harry.
Totally agree. Krause was the major beneficiary of the Purple People Eaters destroying offensive lines. Watch a decent portion of his INTs and they are ridiculously easy softball catches.
81 is a hell of a lot of softball catches...

This news made me glad to see. I hope when it's all said and done he finishes his career here. A la Greenway. Great players for us and I'll be sad when the Hitman retires.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
This news made me glad to see. I hope when it's all said and done he finishes his career here. A la Greenway. Great players for us and I'll be sad when the Hitman retires.
Yeah I think this pretty much ensures that. He's 35. This will likely be his last year and he'll retire a Viking. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I agree,  but the fact that you left him off the list.... all time NFL pick leader....  he also played in a era where there werent as many passes thrown.

and if you go back and look,  Harry and Joey played behind some pretty outstanding defensive lines at times and benefitted from some lolly pop picks over their careers.