Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes need to snag a DT
I still think Byron Murphy is in the conversation for us at 11. It would be nice however to have either EDGE or DT addressed before the draft. I'm just not sure if the front office envisions Van Ginkel as "the guy" opposite Greenard or just a rotation piece? 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I still think Byron Murphy is in the conversation for us at 11. It would be nice however to have either EDGE or DT addressed before the draft. I'm just not sure if the front office envisions Van Ginkel as "the guy" opposite Greenard or just a rotation piece? 
Where do we get the QB? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
I'd envision if they went defense with the first pick, they'd move back up into the late 1st for Nix or Penix. I just don't think we mortgage our future moving up into the top 3 or having to jockey for whatever is ledtover with Denver and Vegas. Going defense at 11 and picking up one of those other two later on isnt a bad idea 

I@MaroonBells said:
Quote:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
If you like Penix or Nix a lot you trade this years two and next year's one at the back of the first round.  I'm landing on trading up for McCarthy as necessary at this point, and aim even higher if there's a deal to be made.

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
I'd envision if they went defense with the first pick, they'd move back up into the late 1st for Nix or Penix. I just don't think we mortgage our future moving up into the top 3 or having to jockey for whatever is ledtover with Denver and Vegas. Going defense at 11 and picking up one of those other two later on isnt a bad idea 
I think it's safer to nab the QB at 11 then trade back into the 1st to grab the Edge or DT you want.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
I think it's safer to nab the QB at 11 then trade back into the 1st to grab the Edge or DT you want.
Maybe, but we still need an impact player along our defensive front and where does that come from at this point? I don't consider Greenard/Van Ginkel to be an upgrade over Hunter/Wonnum and at minimum you are hoping they can come close to matching that production. So where do we get better and upgrade a position of need? 

@HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
Maybe, but we still need an impact player along our defensive front and where does that come from at this point? I don't consider Greenard/Van Ginkel to be an upgrade over Hunter/Wonnum and at minimum you are hoping they can come close to matching that production. So where do we get better and upgrade a position of need? 
NO way do we skip the QB at the top of the first.  If KAM were to try and get cute and go the route you suggest it brings in to many uncontrollable variables imo,  if he were to attempt this and lose out on his preferred QB, or any of the top 6.... I would be storming east with an arm load of pitch forks.  When they allowed Kirk to leave that made QBOTF the only priority for this draft anything after that is gravy.  Think about it this way,  how often can you grab a QB prospect or quality player in FA,  vs nabbing a FA DT?

@HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
I guess I'm assuming a stud DT or Edge would still be available after the 11th pick, and somehow Kwesi can package a deal to get back into the first round and get their guy.  It's the same theory for trading back up to nab a 1st round QB. 
Would a QB they covet be more likely available in the mid to late rounds of the first or DL player?  I'm not sure.I think they have to get the QB at 11, and then go D in round 2, if the trade up doesn't work.  It's a rebuild year, and they need the picks anyway.

I think we really need to improve the DL as outside of Phillips we had little impact there, would love to see a space eating NT and then a true 3-4 DE which is something we do not currently have.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Where do we get the QB? 
I guess I'm assuming a stud DT or Edge would still be available after the 11th pick, and somehow Kwesi can package a deal to get back into the first round and get their guy.  It's the same theory for trading back up to nab a 1st round QB. 
Would a QB they covet be more likely available in the mid to late rounds of the first or DL player?  I'm not sure.I think they have to get the QB at 11, and then go D in round 2, if the trade up doesn't work.  It's a rebuild year, and they need the picks anyway.
Maybe, but what if the quarterback they want isn't there at #11 or we get jumped in a trade up by either Denver or Vegas? You don't take a quarterback just to take a quarterback is my point, and the choices of quality defenders is going to be much more plentiful at 11 than quarterbacks I would guess. This team needs a sure thing in the first round.