Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick your poison
Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
The Vikings have $153,000,000 in cap space next year before the cap rises and large old contracts like Harry’s still on the books that can be removed. 

It will take no “cap gymnastics”. I could sign all those guys, Kirk, JJ and eventually our LT without issue. 

The cap played no role in the Cousins decision. It was all about Kwesi beung able to dump Cousins and his contract as soon as a viable young guy was on the roster. Cousins didn’t want to play that game. Now we have Sam Darnold and a crap load of cap space.
Not for the contract Atlanta offered. You seem to keep skipping that part. Atlanta is close to where Minnesota was when they originally signed Cousins: a good team who feels a QB is the last domino. Where did that get Minnesota? I applaud the effort. JJ is going to break the bank and so is Darrisaw. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
The Vikings have $153,000,000 in cap space next year before the cap rises and large old contracts like Harry’s still on the books that can be removed. 

It will take no “cap gymnastics”. I could sign all those guys, Kirk, JJ and eventually our LT without issue. 

The cap played no role in the Cousins decision. It was all about Kwesi beung able to dump Cousins and his contract as soon as a viable young guy was on the roster. Cousins didn’t want to play that game. Now we have Sam Darnold and a crap load of cap space.
Which is why he should've gotten the deal to move up for Anthony Richardson done last year. This whole thing would feel night and day different if he was in house. Even if we didn't have a FRP this year because of that move and no Addison on the team. Plus even more. But at least we'd know we have a QBOTF, lots of exciting new FAs, a budding defense, etc.
Instead, while we still have some of those things, it's going to be an absolute sweat all the way until draft day and even beyond to see if we can identify and secure a rookie QB who can play well in the NFL. It's absolutely possible and we all gotta hope it happens. But I can't shake the feeling that the linchpin of this entire plan-- getting the QBOTF to succeed Kirk LAST year-- is missing. Now we're in uncharted waters.

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
They could have signed Kirk and all those guys except Darnold - no problem at all.
I miss Kirko Chainz also.....but then saw what Atlanta gave him. Vikes are done paying an A+ contract for B+ work (credit Cowherd). Time to take a swing and let this guy blow the Gjallarhorn:

[Image: GBS1438XIAAwpq3.png]

Draft charts say our 1st and 2nd is enough to move up to 5 if LAC will do it.  If there was a world where we trade our 2 top picks and maybe a lower pick next year instead of mortgaging the future, go for it.  I don't want to give away next years pick though. 
Staying at #11 to take JJ McPonder would be enough, but it appears as though were gonna have to trade up for him because every team now knows we starved at QB. 
Ahhhh, I see now. You are here to just shit on every, single thing. Got it. Excited to continue to hear hilarious things like 'JJ McPonder' all offseason from you. No matter what the team does, it won't be enough. Cool. 

Weren't you the guy that materialized out of nowhere mid-season when the injuries started to pile up and Cousins was out? I mean, the long timers here like Happy and others who are unhappy, if they want to bitch and complain, I'm here to listen to it. You? Not so much. 
I’ve been around since the purple thoughts board, thank you. I think Williams, Maye, or Daniels all stand at least a puncher’s chance of being a legit QBOTF. Wouldn’t complain about that at all. 

I just don’t understand the hype or hope behind JJM. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the combine. Harbaugh says he’s the “best QB in the history of Michigan football” and everyone’s ready to pull their wagon up to captain hand off. 

He’s honestly the most Christian Ponder QB to come out since Christian Ponder
You and I don't have a clue who's going to be productive in this upcoming class. None. All we have are our opinions and preferences. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

Which is why he should've gotten the deal to move up for Anthony Richardson done last year. This whole thing would feel night and day different if he was in house. Even if we didn't have a FRP this year because of that move and no Addison on the team. Plus even more. But at least we'd know we have a QBOTF, lots of exciting new FAs, a budding defense, etc.
Instead, while we still have some of those things, it's going to be an absolute sweat all the way until draft day and even beyond to see if we can identify and secure a rookie QB who can play well in the NFL. It's absolutely possible and we all gotta hope it happens. But I can't shake the feeling that the linchpin of this entire plan-- getting the QBOTF to succeed Kirk LAST year-- is missing. Now we're in uncharted waters.

Gotta have 2 to tango.  It sounds like they tried.  The same will be true this year.  We could offer the farm, but if none of the top 3 are willing to trade then JJM is what is left. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
These are average figures per year not the real contracts which are most likely weighted into future years.  Especially Geenard's contract.  We could have resigned Kirko at $45M/yr and Danielle Hunter for somewhere in the $25M/yr range or

Sam Darnold $10m
Aaron Jones $7M

Blake Cashman $8.5m

Andrew Van Ginkel $10m

Jonathan Greenard $20m
Total $55.5

Kirk walked out the door yesterday with 150 million in his pocket.  I don't think we could or should have competed with that.  Everyone also assumes his Achilles injury is no big deal.  Time will tell but I think we cut our losses at the right time on Kirk.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

Gotta have 2 to tango.  It sounds like they tried.  The same will be true this year.  We could offer the farm, but if none of the top 3 are willing to trade then JJM is what is left. 
... And if that's the case and that's who we want then we need to be moving up to 4 or 5 to get him.
Sitting and praying at 11 is not a feasible or realistic option, IMO.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
They could have signed Kirk and all those guys except Darnold - no problem at all.
I miss Kirko Chainz also.....but then saw what Atlanta gave him. Vikes are done paying an A+ contract for B+ work (credit Cowherd). Time to take a swing and let this guy blow the Gjallarhorn:

Draft charts say our 1st and 2nd is enough to move up to 5 if LAC will do it.  If there was a world where we trade our 2 top picks and maybe a lower pick next year instead of mortgaging the future, go for it.  I don't want to give away next years pick though. 
Staying at #11 to take JJ McPonder would be enough, but it appears as though were gonna have to trade up for him because every team now knows we starved at QB. 
Ahhhh, I see now. You are here to just shit on every, single thing. Got it. Excited to continue to hear hilarious things like 'JJ McPonder' all offseason from you. No matter what the team does, it won't be enough. Cool. 

Weren't you the guy that materialized out of nowhere mid-season when the injuries started to pile up and Cousins was out? I mean, the long timers here like Happy and others who are unhappy, if they want to bitch and complain, I'm here to listen to it. You? Not so much. 
I’ve been around since the purple thoughts board, thank you. I think Williams, Maye, or Daniels all stand at least a puncher’s chance of being a legit QBOTF. Wouldn’t complain about that at all. 

I just don’t understand the hype or hope behind JJM. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the combine. Harbaugh says he’s the “best QB in the history of Michigan football” and everyone’s ready to pull their wagon up to captain hand off. 

You and I don't have a clue who's going to be productive in this upcoming class. None. All we have are our opinions and preferences. 
I understand that. And if we’re do end up with JJM…. for the sake of the franchise, i hope I’m wrong. He’s just not a guy I’d hang the future of franchise on. 

I’m not here to shit on everything, I just dont see very many positives where this franchise is concerned right now. Lock up JJ long term and that’ll make things look better…until then I’ll be waiting for that other shoe to drop as well

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

Not for the contract Atlanta offered. You seem to keep skipping that part. Atlanta is close to where Minnesota was when they originally signed Cousins: a good team who feels a QB is the last domino. Where did that get Minnesota? I applaud the effort. JJ is going to break the bank and so is Darrisaw. 
You are hitting it out of the park today Sticky! 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

I understand that. And if we’re do end up with JJM…. for the sake of the franchise, i hope I’m wrong. He’s just not a guy I’d hang the future of franchise on. 

I’m not here to shit on everything, I just dont see very many positives where this franchise is concerned right now. Lock up JJ long term and that’ll make things look better…until then I’ll be waiting for that other shoe to drop as well
Fair enough. I'd say keep saying your opinions, but lets watch things unfold further before any hardcore judgments. I think we know as long time fans, the odds are that we'll get the shitty end of the stick. Hopeful otherwise. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

You are hitting it out of the park today Sticky! 
lol, I'm feeling all the range of fan sentiments today. Good stuff from everyone. I love Kirk, but also understand the situation. We all deserve to be pleasantly surprised as Viking's fans......but I won't hold my breath.  :p