Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunter
I heard he's on the Baskin-Robbins free agent tour, fielding offers from 31 different flavored teams. :o =) 

You have to wonder do the Viking coaches and Kwesi know something about Hunter and that's the reason they didn't attempt to sigh him?  Pretty odd that a guy almost everybody thought was a must resign is still available.

I have always been a fan of Hunters. The dude looks like a chiseled god. Always put up great stats. HOWEVER my impression is he has never been made a huge impact player... game in and game out. Example.. Remember Jared Allen? That dude seemed to always come up big when we needed him the most. Hunter puts up great numbers but don't have memories of him taking over at critical times. He is the Kirk Cousins of DE. lol

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
I have always been a fan of Hunters. The dude looks like a chiseled god. Always put up great stats. HOWEVER my impression is he has never been made a huge impact player... game in and game out. Example.. Remember Jared Allen? That dude seemed to always come up big when we needed him the most. Hunter puts up great numbers but don't have memories of him taking over at critical times. He is the Kirk Cousins of DE. lol
[Image: 9f8c5uo7h9hc.gif]

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Still Hurtn" said:
[Image: 9f8c5uo7h9hc.gif]
to soon?

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
You have to wonder do the Viking coaches and Kwesi know something about Hunter and that's the reason they didn't attempt to sigh him?  Pretty odd that a guy almost everybody thought was a must resign is still available.
I’m sure they tried, but he wants $30 million a year and has at least 3 teams trying to get a deal down right now.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Two thoughts to this -- either (a) Vikings really messed up by not trading him this past season or (b) Vikings couldn't trade him last season because of whatever is non-public.

Additional thought;  Hunter is the anti-Cousins.  While Cousins has repeatedly maximized his compensation, Hunter has repeatedly done bad deals or set himself up in a position to be underpaid.  His agent should have known already where he was going to sign.

Additional thought:  His medicals may be taking time or frightening off teams.

Signed in Houston. Two year deal 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Could be worth up to 51 million for the two years 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Could be worth up to 51 million for the two years 
So Houston wouldn't pay Greenard but was willing to shell out big bucks for Hunter.  The Vikes, on the other hand, wouldn't pay Hunter, but would shell out the big $$s for Greenard. 
Interesting...