Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, lets hit it head-on; Anyone else besides Darnold?
Quote: @"JR44" said:
Some rumors about us making an offer for Pickett
see the fields thread... why give away draft stock ( which could be used to help this franchise) for another teams failures?  shop free agency and roll with what you find there.

Minshew to the Raiders

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Minshew to the Raiders
Unfortunate as he's probably the best bridge option out there.  Brissett would be tolerable.  Darnold is pure stench.   After that it's probably even worse. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
see the fields thread... why give away draft stock ( which could be used to help this franchise) for another teams failures?  shop free agency and roll with what you find there.
What if what you find there is Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, and Todd Marinovich?

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
Flacco is your camp veteran getting one last chance, meanwhile he is a mentor to Hall and QBOTF. I really dont care,  Ive said for a while 24 would be throw away season while all the changes get acclimated,  find that rookie QB,  and get ready to ride with him by mid to late season if Hall or Mullins dont blow your skirt up.  This is the year the coach and GM were positioning for all along,  its on them going forward to show us what their vision was for this franchise.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
Flacco is your camp veteran getting one last chance, meanwhile he is a mentor to Hall and QBOTF. I really dont care,  Ive said for a while 24 would be throw away season while all the changes get acclimated,  find that rookie QB,  and get ready to ride with him by mid to late season if Hall or Mullins dont blow your skirt up.  This is the year the coach and GM were positioning for all along,  its on them going forward to show us what their vision was for this franchise.
I agree mostly but I see two problems.

1. We don’t have that rookie yet so they damn sure better draft one. Let’s assume they do.

2. These “bridge” guys you mention are so cooked that any rookie worth a crud should be outplaying them by week 1 anyway. So what’s the point? Even Minshew who we just missed out on was behind Anthony Richardson last year. He got hurt so maybe that was a mistake but still. If Mullins turns it over 12 times in the first month then what was even the point.

The further down the list of FA QBs we go the more inclined I am to say the hell with it and start whoever we draft.

Idk. It’s a clusterfrick. Fields is a terrible bridge QB due to his unique playing style but if we’re trying to win football games then it’d be dumb to roll Flacco or Dobbs out there instead. At least with a rookie they could sell that he’s gaining experience.

A few hours from now maybe I’ll come around to your side on this haha. Still collecting my thoughts on this wild day!

I see no reason to not stick with Mullens at this point.  He's as good as whats left out there.

My guess is your bridge QB will be one of these 3:

Darnold (played together with our new QB coach)
Brissett
Tannehill - still decent and played ok till he got the ankle injury, fit with play action

I would give up a 4th or a 5th for Fields and see if you have anything.  It aint like we've shown we can do anything with a 4th round pick anyways.  

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JR44" said:
I agree mostly but I see two problems.

1. We don’t have that rookie yet so they damn sure better draft one. Let’s assume they do.

2. These “bridge” guys you mention are so cooked that any rookie worth a crud should be outplaying them by week 1 anyway. So what’s the point? Even Minshew who we just missed out on was behind Anthony Richardson last year. He got hurt so maybe that was a mistake but still. If Mullins turns it over 12 times in the first month then what was even the point.

The further down the list of FA QBs we go the more inclined I am to say the hell with it and start whoever we draft.

Idk. It’s a clusterfrick. Fields is a terrible bridge QB due to his unique playing style but if we’re trying to win football games then it’d be dumb to roll Flacco or Dobbs out there instead. At least with a rookie they could sell that he’s gaining experience.

A few hours from now maybe I’ll come around to your side on this haha. Still collecting my thoughts on this wild day!
I don't want the rookie on the field until he is comfortable and fluent  with the large majority of the O,  if he is thinking,  he is slow and slow gets killed.   Once he can play instinctually then roll him out there,  depending on who we draft it could be sooner,  or it may not be 2024 at all.  If you don't like some other teams players,  give Hall another shot,   I don't really care as this is about starting a new chapter and like most books,  they start slow while the writer develops the characters and sets the story line.

I am not surprised by Kirk leaving,  it's what mercenaries do,  it's how he came to Minnesota in the first place.  The team being as proactive on the defensive side of the ball.
.now that blew my mind,  didn't see that at all,  expected maybe 1 defensive guy and then crickets while they chewed their nails over losing kirk.