A lot of very dumb people are very successful football
players.
Quote: @medaille said:
A lot of very dumb people are very successful football
players.
See Adrian Peterson Smile

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
https://youtu.be/0BRZqZp7T7M?si=7izLTTSjTxOaQ8uB

And here I thought this was why he was constantly in the doghouse. I'm tired of the Lewis Cine stuff. I'm wondering if he might actually be on the bubble to make the roster this year? 

He's on his rookie contract which is guaranteed. If we release him there's a cap hit to absorb which means more dead dollars.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@supafreak84 said:
https://youtu.be/0BRZqZp7T7M?si=7izLTTSjTxOaQ8uB

And here I thought this was why he was constantly in the doghouse. I'm tired of the Lewis Cine stuff. I'm wondering if he might actually be on the bubble to make the roster this year? 

He's on his rookie contract which is guaranteed. If we release him there's a cap hit to absorb which means more dead dollars.
I mean it's a minimal rookie contract, but I'm sure they'd like to give him one more year to get a return on investment, but otherwise he probably would be on the bubble. Flores isn't going anywhere 

Kwesi fumbled that draft, but especially round 1. I’ve said it a million times, if you don’t have a guy at your pick in round 1, especially the 12th pick in the draft, then you did a craptastic job. There’s no possible way there isn’t a great player available. To ever trade down at all, let alone all the way to 32, just tells me you aren’t up to the job if it doesn’t come with a massive haul. 

If the Vikings take the top choices at th time, we have Safety Kyle Hamilton, DT Jordan Davis, or Trent McDuffie on the roster. 

This is how organizations don’t get better. They get cute in the draft and f it up. He at least seemed to learn his lesson year two and took the best player. 

I think there is a big difference between football smart and intellect, it doesn't seem like there is a lot to evaluate in interviews to see if a kid has a football mind, you can easily ask him to dissect some plays.  It was just an awful draft that really set us back, I don't blame Kwesi, but the Wilfs for hiring a guy with absolutely no experience to do the most important job within the franchise. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Kwesi fumbled that draft, but especially round 1. I’ve said it a million times, if you don’t have a guy at your pick in round 1, especially the 12th pick in the draft, then you did a craptastic job. There’s no possible way there isn’t a great player available. To ever trade down at all, let alone all the way to 32, just tells me you aren’t up to the job if it doesn’t come with a massive haul. 

If the Vikings take the top choices at th time, we have Safety Kyle Hamilton, DT Jordan Davis, or Trent McDuffie on the roster. 

This is how organizations don’t get better. They get cute in the draft and f it up. He at least seemed to learn his lesson year two and took the best player. 
Simply a case of an unqualified egghead analytics major trying to implement his "I'm smarter than everyone" strategy in his first draft and shitting the bed horribly. Not getting contributions from most of that draft continues to hinder this roster. Not something everybody doesn't already know at this point 

Mama always said drafting a safety in round 1 was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

He was a perfect fit for the Donnatel defense where his assignment was to line up 30 yards off the line of scrimmage and just stand there!
Seriously, the injury was unfortunate, but the few times he made it on the field as safety he was out of position often. It is said he is a great guy with a great attitude. Let's hope he learns the playbook and shows some potential this coming preseason. He will get some opportunities in preseason and perhaps on special teams during the regular season. He will need to make some plays.

[Image: 4r8zcv472d94.jpeg]
Just bite the bullet & cut his ass…!!! 

I have to imagine that he’s watching his NFL career slipping
through his fingers, and hopefully he’s in communication with Flores and doing
whatever he needs to do in the offseason to give himself the best chance to get back to where he needs to be.