Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson released by Broncos
Quote: @comet52 said:
@Kentis said:
Sort of surprised the GM aint joining him to be honest!
Sean Peyton is happy to have a now weak, neutered general manager he can puppeteer.  No doubt he made sure that George Paton would be retained.

Bringing a new guy in who has ideas and ambitions would only upset the power structure where Sean is now sitting at the top.  Capiche?

As for Wilson's next stop, the combine rumor was Pittsburgh.

Capiche-Lol, you want to know if I understand your speculation…? 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@comet52 said:
@Kentis said:
Sort of surprised the GM aint joining him to be honest!
Sean Peyton is happy to have a now weak, neutered general manager he can puppeteer.  No doubt he made sure that George Paton would be retained.

Bringing a new guy in who has ideas and ambitions would only upset the power structure where Sean is now sitting at the top.  Capiche?

As for Wilson's next stop, the combine rumor was Pittsburgh.

Capiche-Lol, you want to know if I understand your speculation…? 
My Italian ancestry is showing. =)

Let's ride to come blow my horn? I don't think so!
Time to call it a career.

The concern with this move is now there is another team who needs a QB and who could possibly jump us.

$85 million in dead cap money. Worst trade in NFL history. Russ was washed 2 years before he left Seattle. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
The concern with this move is now there is another team who needs a QB and who could possibly jump us.
That's been there all along regardless of if they kept him or not,  just like if Cousins returned here,  it's only a temporary situation that needed addressing yesterday.

There are so many QB needy teams that IMO the notion of trading down has never seemed realistic to me.  Either go up ans get your guy,  or stay put and take the best available of the "2nd tier guys remaining"  but trading down just seems like it opens up to many more players to the game and they end up at the dance without a date.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:
That's been there all along regardless of if they kept him or not,  just like if Cousins returned here,  it's only a temporary situation that needed addressing yesterday.

There are so many QB needy teams that IMO the notion of trading down has never seemed realistic to me.  Either go up ans get your guy,  or stay put and take the best available of the "2nd tier guys remaining"  but trading down just seems like it opens up to many more players to the game and they end up at the dance without a date.
But its more than just having a 'date'. You need a date that can win Prom Queen.....otherwise it's just a date. I'm not interested in Minnesota selecting any old QB because they don't want to 'miss out'. If they try to move up, can't, and another guy available at #11 isn't their guy or its just too high (see Ponder) then trade down. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:

But its more than just having a 'date'. You need a date that can win Prom Queen.....otherwise it's just a date. I'm not interested in Minnesota selecting any old QB because they don't want to 'miss out'. If they try to move up, can't, and another guy available at #11 isn't their guy or its just too high (see Ponder) then trade down. 

I see value in any of the top 5 or 6,  I honestly have them ranked all a lot closer than some just because I don't view Daniels Maye and Williams as high as some.   It's 1 first round pick,  you are going to likley over draft a QB no matter where you take him,  so why dick around and risk getting your preferred guy and only gain a day 2 at best pick?  Get your guy early and move onto day 2.  I could see solid arguments for Nix, Penix, and JJ at 11.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JR44 said:

I see value in any of the top 5 or 6,  I honestly have them ranked all a lot closer than some just because I don't view Daniels Maye and Williams as high as some.   It's 1 first round pick,  you are going to likley over draft a QB no matter where you take him,  so why dick around and risk getting your preferred guy and only gain a day 2 at best pick?  Get your guy early and move onto day 2.  I could see solid arguments for Nix, Penix, and JJ at 11.
You didn't read my post: it has to be somebody they prefer.....not just a warm body. Hence my comment about the Prom Queen meaning we need a guy that can lead the team to the Superbowl, not another Danny Dimes, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Bryce Young, Baker Mayfield, etc. 

I would have no issue with Baker Mayfield running our offense for a few years while a rookie curates. I think he found nice home in TB though.