Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling Me You Are Going To Rig The Election, Without Saying The Words....
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Skodin said:
Why don't we just have a federal holiday and require that everyone vote?  Seems like the best thing for a democracy to have all the voices heard.

Make it a requirement
I definitely think there should be a holiday to help make it easier for people to vote 
For who?  Are you going to close everything down?  Or are you only planning on white collar workers getting this new day off?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Skodin said:
Why don't we just have a federal holiday and require that everyone vote?  Seems like the best thing for a democracy to have all the voices heard.

Make it a requirement
I definitely think there should be a holiday to help make it easier for people to vote 
For who?  Are you going to close everything down?  Or are you only planning on white collar workers getting this new day off?

I feel like you are making this into a bigger obstacle than
it needs to be.  The world doesn’t end
when a holiday happens.  Blue collar
people take holidays too.

In all reality, nobody needs the whole day to vote.  We could easily do half days that are
staggered.  Or people could vote before
or after work or vote remotely via absentee ballot and then still work a full
day and get mandatory time and half or holiday pay or whatever for the 4 hour
holiday hours.  Or if we really need to
we could make it multiple potential voting days.

Regardless, I think your argument of blue collar workers not
being able to get time off to vote is probably more damning to the current voting
procedures where you just fit it in before or after work and if you can’t do
that or have multiple jobs you don’t get to vote.  These are the people who need to have some
structural thing in place the most.

Quote: @medaille said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Skodin said:

Make it a requirement

I feel like you are making this into a bigger obstacle than
it needs to be.  The world doesn’t end
when a holiday happens.  Blue collar
people take holidays too.

In all reality, nobody needs the whole day to vote.  We could easily do half days that are
staggered.  Or people could vote before
or after work or vote remotely via absentee ballot and then still work a full
day and get mandatory time and half or holiday pay or whatever for the 4 hour
holiday hours.  Or if we really need to
we could make it multiple potential voting days.

Regardless, I think your argument of blue collar workers not
being able to get time off to vote is probably more damning to the current voting
procedures where you just fit it in before or after work and if you can’t do
that or have multiple jobs you don’t get to vote.  These are the people who need to have some
structural thing in place the most.

We saw what happens when essential workers don't work.  We're still paying for it. 

TN has early voting for 2-3 weeks. I think its even more for the general election. A lot of counties have some nights and Saturdays available. According to the news on my car radio the lines are short.  We have absentee ballots.  Election day I stood in line for about 30 seconds. 

What more could or even should we do?  If you can't make it into the polling place with that type of lead time then you probably didn't want to vote in the first place. 

Oh and we ID people here so they can't vote 2x.  Our DL has a barcode on it.  An Ipad scans the barcode.  You vote, your vote prints on a receipt that only you can see.  When you hit enter, it covers up for the next person so they cannot see who you voted for. 

Everything is transparent and fair.  Unlike what we hear about ballot harvesting in MN and WI.

Just a reminder they all suck:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/politics/...index.html

....and then video yesterday of Trump mocking Biden's stutter. We are stuck with these 2 assholes as choices? Unf-cking believable.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Just a reminder they all suck:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/10/politics/...index.html

....and then video yesterday of Trump mocking Biden's stutter. We are stuck with these 2 assholes as choices? Unf-cking believable.
well if more would have just voted Trump last time we would be done with him by now   :p   .... and wouldnt have had the shit show that Biden has been.  

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Skodin said:

Make it a requirement
Lol.they have like 3 months to mail them in nowadays.  The issue isn’t access to vote, it’s fraudulent vote, and anybody saying different is just supporting election theft.  

and when the civil war begins... remember things like this.  the headline sensationalizes it a bit, this is about a bill that would strip states rights in saying who can /cant vote in federal elections and requiring proof of citizenship.   once again,  tell me you are planning on stealing the elections.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/03/12/not...elections/

[Image: GIg1N9IWcAAehAx?format=jpg&name=medium]

The good news is when the country fractures. I’m on the right half of the country. Godspeed northerns. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
The good news is when the country fractures. I’m on the right half of the country. Godspeed northerns. 
It won't split north and south,   when it happens I see it being more by congressional districts,  to borrow from texas parlance,  gonna be some pissed off blueberries in the giant sea of red.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Between the elections and the Vikings?

Lets just say I'm not walking around with a skip in my step these days
https://www.reddit.com/r/wholesomememes/comments/13ifybt/the_guy_wanted_to_be_a_child_again/

Come on.  Everyones doing it.