Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings hire McCown
Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
Quote:
@"Vanguard83" said:
Im old, and 95% scar tissue, but isnt that the same guy that bounced us from the playoffs on a 4th down and 28 with 15 seconds left, to kick our asses out of the playoffs one year?
Yeah, McGown threw the winning touchdown to a no-name wide receiver named Poole...
Everyone remembers the Nate Poole catch...

Nobody remembers the Kleinsasser muff of the on-side kick; the muff that gave the Cards the ball. 

Really don’t think they are bringing in McCown to work with Cousins. 

McCown was also the QB coach for the Panthers when they scouted, drafted and, um, developed Bryce Young. He might know a thing or two about what to avoid. Mostly, I think this is just a meaningless backfill.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Quote:
@"Vanguard83" said:
Im old, and 95% scar tissue, but isnt that the same guy that bounced us from the playoffs on a 4th down and 28 with 15 seconds left, to kick our asses out of the playoffs one year?
Yeah, McGown threw the winning touchdown to a no-name wide receiver named Poole...

Nobody remembers the Kleinsasser muff of the on-side kick; the muff that gave the Cards the ball. 
You're right. I don't remember that. I also don't remember being up 17-6 with 2 mins left. Jesus, this team. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Quote:
@"Vanguard83" said:

What I remember is the Vikings weren't very good and would have been bounced the first game of the playoffs anyway. And yes, another kick in the 'nads for Vikings fans!

Well, with Dobbs, Hall and Mullens, McCown's got his work cut out for him.  Good luck, dude!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Quote:
@"Vanguard83" said:

What I remember is the Vikings weren't very good and would have been bounced the first game of the playoffs anyway. And yes, another kick in the 'nads for Vikings fans!
[Image: 903f6239-8f53-4b0d-9f76-dcb2ef7a2461_text.gif]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
McCown was also the QB coach for the Panthers when they scouted, drafted and, um, developed Bryce Young. He might know a thing or two about what to avoid. Mostly, I think this is just a meaningless backfill.
I read he wanted the Panthers to take Stroud but went with Young.

Quote: @"VikeMike52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Is that true? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Is that true? 
I read it on X and I don’t remember the source but it didn’t strike me as something to just get clicks.