Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Jefferson
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think the odds of us trading Jefferson are extremely low. Will we listen to offers? We'd be fools if we didn't. But I think it would take an historic haul for this to happen. And part of that haul would have to include JJs replacement, IOW a pick in the top 5 this year. 

Cousins, McCarthy at 11, Addison and, say, Marvin Harrison Jr with another 1st rounder next year is something I wouldn't slam the door on. 

I would also be up for this type of a trade, though I have no idea why someone would trade out of MHJr and next years #1 for Jefferson.  Why not just keep the rookie contract if you're Arizona?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
I think the odds of us trading Jefferson are extremely low. Will we listen to offers? We'd be fools if we didn't. But I think it would take an historic haul for this to happen. And part of that haul would have to include JJs replacement, IOW a pick in the top 5 this year. 

Cousins, McCarthy at 11, Addison and, say, Marvin Harrison Jr with another 1st rounder next year is something I wouldn't slam the door on. 

I would also be up for this type of a trade, though I have no idea why someone would trade out of MHJr and next years #1 for Jefferson.  Why not just keep the rookie contract if you're Arizona?
Because with Jefferson you know you're getting the best receiver in the league, while the draft is and will always be a crap shoot. Corey Davis was a top 5 pick. Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Justin Blackmon all top 5 picks. 

Kwesi at combine on trading JJ:

"That's is not something that has once crossed my mind. You've got a blue player, blue person. You try and keep as many of those as you can."

"That's is not something that has once crossed my mind. You've got a blue player, blue person. You try and keep as many of those as you can."
Translation:  "It's going to take at least 3 first rounders..." B)

I thought JJ was black?

(I know everyone was thinking the same and needed someone to say it Smile

A blue person... hmmm.  

[Image: 5400223f919b40321e5bd6133ffa2b65.jpg]

Reckless speculation local radio:

JJ, Chase, Jeudy are all in same window  for extensions...None of them want to be the first to put pen to paper and then get out-signed by the other by a $1mm bucks.

JJ wants to know direction of Vikings QB b4 signing

Sounds exactly like what Rick said the day before we traded Diggs  =)

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Reckless speculation local radio:

JJ, Chase, Jeudy are all in same window  for extensions...None of them want to be the first to put pen to paper and then get out-signed by the other by a $1mm bucks.

JJ wants to know direction of Vikings QB b4 signing
Makes sense. I would want to know too. To me, this doesn't mean it's Kirk or he's out. It likely means he wants it to be Kirk, but if it's not, the Vikings had better draft one of the top QBs in the draft. 

There's a good six weeks between the Kirk decision and the draft. Which means if Kirk signs elsewhere, we will be bringing in a cheap bridge of some sort not long after. So there are going to be six weeks of contract inertia with JJ, and hand wringing over the bridge until that QB is drafted. 

So, youre telling me that our “brilliant” GM doesnt have enough experience to understand the term “blue CHIP”? is that the term he was groping for?

And that hes using PFF to evaluate players?

Good lord